Cloud Systems Support Engineer - Telecommunications
Mitel is looking for a Systems Operations Engineer to join our Global Cloud Operations team. We are looking for someone who has a great positive attitude, highly motivated to learn and grow within the organization. If you are an overachiever and want to contribute to a team that will truly appreciate your dedication and hard work, then consider a career at Mitel. You can dramatically shape everything from our daily operations to our global presence.
- Maintain Cloud Applications across all MiCloud Service offers through Upgrades, installs following ITSM process
- Implement system enhancements that improve the performance and reliability of the offers .
- Handle escalations for server- and application-related issues
- Manage monitoring of solutions through industry standard NMS tools
- Suggest and execute improvements to server configurations
- Create and maintain supporting documentation for internal procedures and systems
- 5+ Years of experience
- Strong work ethic – self starter- motivated
- Detail oriented
- Ability to resolve issues under fire and to adapt to change
- Ability to quickly work with and adapt skills to new platforms and software
- Excellent phone presence, high degree of professional acumen
- Strong communication skills, excellent listening skills
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- 5+ years in the Telecom industry
- Networking, Linux, Windows and Scripting skills used to maintain, troubleshoot issues, and update/upgrade Linux and Windows-based servers.
- Working knowledge of Gitlab and puppet (or related CMSes).
- Working knowledge of VMware
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering / Computer Science, Engineering Technology or equivalent experience
- Strong traditional voice background
- Strong knowledge of VoIP standards and protocols
- Knowledge of SIP VoIP standards and protocols
- Networking skills including protocol and compliance knowledge a plus (CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, CCIE, AWS, RHCE/RHCSA)
- NetworkSecurity knowledge a plus (CCSP, CISSP)
- Familiarity with Microsoft products and applications as well as UNIX and Linux platforms
Mitel is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.