Enlighten IT Consulting, a MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) company, is looking for an experienced Cloud Systems Engineer with Big Data / Distributed Systems experience. Will be responsible for engineering, architecting, operations, and management of Cloud-based and on-premise Big Data platforms.
Candidate will develop strategic and implementation plans for information systems. Working with the development team and other engineers will conduct System Analysis of complex operational software systems to include troubleshooting and problem solving. Must be able to work in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long-term requirements.
- A current government clearance, background investigation, and polygraph are requiredand therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering including operations, management, design, and development of Linux-based systems.
- 1+ years experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, OpenStack, Azure, etc.)
- 2+ years experience with Big Data (Hadoop, Accumulo, HBase, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Managing schedules, priorities and tracking customer requests
- Work autonomously actively identifying areas for improvement in the platform.
- Able to collaborate with existing platform architects on long term and strategic architectural changes to platform.
- Able to travel to local customer sites from time to time (Central, MD area)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- Experience writing cloud analytics in Spark, R, Mapreduce, Pig, or Java, is desired.
- Experience in system/ software performance engineering.