Cloud Systems Engineer
at LogicworksDenver. CO
Are you someone who has the passion and technical ability to help organizations move to the cloud? Do you want to be part of the one of the most significant IT transformational technologies of our time? Do you take pride in guiding a prospect through the ins and outs of this complex process– all the while advocating for the immense value your organization delivers?
Join us at Logicworks, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader in cloud enablement and management and become a technical driver in helping companies transition to AWS and Azure. This position willprimarily encompass fulfilling engineering role in project-based engagements with clients, focusing on deploying cloud environments based on agreed upon architecture, navigating clients through application integration phase and taking clients to the finish line with go-live.
Additionally, Cloud Systems Engineer will participate in architecture designs and reviews, occasional pre-sales calls to fulfill SME in areas of expertise and conduct reviews of clients’ existing environments as part of a well-defined process.
The CSE is expected to be a thought leader at Logicworks and therefore highly knowledgeable about the technical aspects of all of our cloud services and the industry, which include:
- Cloud Computing – Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure
- Migrations to Cloud
- Professional Services and Consulting engagements
- Security/Compliance Services
- Managed Cloud Services
- Outsourced IT Infrastructure Solutions
We have provided assessment, builds or management of over 250 environments on AWS and have been one of AWS’ top Premier partners for over 3 years. We take great pride on delivering solutions which maximize the power and capabilities AWS and Azure have to offer and building environments that are highly resilient, secure, automated and cost efficient. You will have a critical role helping us achieve these goals for our clients and enable Logicworks to make its significant growth targets.
What you’ll do:
- Work on interesting client projects spanning a wide range of activities like cloud deployments, migrations to cloud, reviews of client cloud environments from the perspective of best practices, security/compliance and cost, automation and more
- Represent Logicworks’ cloud enablement and management capabilities to prospective customers and existing customer base, and influence customer expectations according to product and management capabilities and constraints;
- Determine client requirements and provide solution design and technical descriptions.
- Work with our Managed Services team to provide smooth transition of client environments for ongoing management, which includes written environment documentation, updated diagrams and conducting internal handover sessions at completion of each project
- Develop and grow internal technical knowledge base on the entire cloud infrastructure stack, and present ongoing technical training to junior members of the team.
What We Look For:
- Strong understanding of cloud technology with emphasis on AWS and/or Azure ecosystem and commonly deployed third-party tools
- Significant experience in the design of distributed, high availability cloud computing infrastructures; AWS/Azure design, build and operational experience.
- Presentation and confidence to act as the technical authority during the consulting engagements - performing needs assessments, and making recommendations based on the discovered needs; working with a wide variety of stakeholders to gather needed information through toclose
- Understanding and some experience with Professional Services and Consulting engagements
- AWS and/or Azure Certifications are highly desirable but not mandatory as long as sufficient knowledge has been demonstrated
- You will be strongly encouraged to pursue cloud certifications
- You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of industry trends and competitive offerings
- You will be expected to develop understanding of compliance requirements within Financial and Healthcare markets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and good interpersonal skills is a must
- Well-organized and focused individual to deliver consistently and always on time
- High degree of confidence and poise
- Some travel to client onsite may be required