Our client distributes grocery products to independent and chain retailers in 50 states and our own corporate-owned retail stores throughout the Midwest, in addition to fresh food processing and distribution. Through our MDV military division, we are a leading distributor of grocery products to U.S. military commissaries.
The Cloud Technologies Architect is responsible for developing a rigorous technology architecture, leveraging cloud services and automation to enable business strategies and ensure public and private cloud solutions are optimized for cost and functionality.
This person will also be responsible for implementation and support of public cloud computing strategy along with the introduction of new emerging technologies and public cloud services, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring strategies.
This person will work with engineering teams and other stakeholders to drive and enable the migration and refactoring of on-premises applications to cloud native design and deployment methodologies.
This person will mentor and work with both senior and junior engineers and architects to bring them up to speed on cloud architectures including modern programming languages, microservices and container-based deployments. An energetic, dynamic, and innovative mindset, with drive, attention to detail and excellent communication skills will be needed for success in this position.
This individual must be able to translate complex ideas, technology, and programs into language senior management can relate to and be a key influencer on technical decisions that affect the business on a long-term basis.
- Manage the cloud strategy, develop the architecture governance framework and define architecture foundations
- Stay abreast of new industry trends and provide subject matter expertise in cloud technologies, providing consultation to leadership
- Research, analyze, design, propose and support the delivery of solutions that are appropriate for business and technology strategies
- Understand, advocate and support IT enterprise strategies and act as a visionary to proactively assist in the direction for future strategies
- Recommend best-fit cloud solutions on the basis of need and risk appetite
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide infrastructure decision-making
- Supervise day to day operations Guiding team to provide internal and external customers with excellent customer service contributing to our center of excellence
- Must have high attention to detail, be well organized and be a self-starter
- Must be able to work with limited direct supervision
- Regularly communicate project health and identifies risks to project and program stakeholders, sponsors, and management
- Identify and direct changes through appropriate review and approval mechanisms
- Define cloud standards, DevOps, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tool chain and Standard Operating Environment (SOE)
- Define, implement and enforce the cloud standard operating environment, cloud standards, and associated tools/platforms/frameworks for the application portfolio, in coordination with IT-wide efforts and Technology Architecture and Innovation
- Drive Proof-of-Concepts and implementation, with hands-on involvement with SMEs, for new SOE items: build deployment automation pipelines, build automated next gen CI/CD pipelines partnering with development teams, build and integrate new technologies like containers enabling multi-cloud and preventing cloud provider lock-in
- Understand and build on emerging industry trends and how they work with Line of Business
- Define and execute the IT application portfolio strategy for public and private cloud migrations, data center consolidation and on-premises evolution, in alignment with overall IT strategy and directions
- Define and enforce Cloud architecture best practices: availability; redundancy schemes, performance, Disaster Recovery, DB and Interfacing Systems, etc
- Educate teams about Cloud standards, migrations and SOE
- This list is not exhaustive; you will be expected to carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable in relation to your position
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work or relevant certifications (TOGAF, etc)
- 5-7 years of systems design experience with at least three or more years of experience with cloud like technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) preferred
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: application design, systems operations/management, database architecture, virtualization, IP networking, storage, IT security and Windows/Linux system administration preferred
- Experience with the following: Azure EventHub, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Kubernetes Service, Blob Storage, Azure DNS, Virtual Networks, Redis Cache and Azure App Service, Containers a plus
- Experience with the following: Private cloud technologies, Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare, Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI), CI/CD Pipelines, Windows Servers, Linux Systems, AIX workloads a plus
- Experience in articulating the business drives and architectural approach/trade-offs during discussions for solution buy-in at various levels and gain consensus preferred
- Experience in driving new infrastructure technologies from proof-of-concepts to full production implementation preferred
- Experience in driving cloud migration and strategy initiatives preferred