Essential Duties of Position at all Levels:
- · Responsible for the design, implementation, and support of large scale hybrid- and multi-cloud hosting platforms.
- · Automates and streamlines operations and processes to rapidly release reliable infrastructure faster and more frequently.
- · Builds and maintains tools for deployment and testing in stable and scalable production environments.
Job Qualifications at all Levels:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Requires a strong knowledge of agile methodology and continuous integration and delivery.
- • Knowledge of virtualization platforms and associated technologies including (but not limited to) the full VMWare stack (ESXi, vCenter, vSAN, NSX, and the vRealize Suite).
- • Understanding of configuration management and software defined data center (SDDC) infrastructure.
- • Ability to work as a project team member.
- • Ability to develop/build IT solutions to meet business requirements.
- • Ability to install and configure solutions.
- • Ability to translate business and technical requirements into test cases, test scenarios, and scripts.
- • Ability to develop and/or implement reusable components.
- • Ability to perform script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations.
- • Adheres to standards and procedures.
- • Reviews modules for quality assurance.
- • Ability to deploy new modules, upgrades, and fixes to the production environment.
- • Assist in production support.
- • May troubleshoot existing IT systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develop solutions.
- • Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules and test activities/results.
- • Ability to administer 24/7 server environments.
- • Active listening skills with the ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical staff to resolve issues.
- • Build and maintain effective working relationships with leadership, peers and customers. Work to resolve problem relationships.
- • Thorough, organized, and detail oriented.
- • Documentation, organization, and time management skills.
- • Take initiative to improve processes, procedures, skills, and technical knowledge.
Additional Job Requirements: This is an expert level technical position requiring the ability to work independently, in a team support role, and lead teams working under deadlines and operating constraints. Requires the ability lead efforts; development and implementation of software defined infrastructure, automate tasks, and the following duties in addition to previous
- • Ability to work on complex, major, and highly visible tasks in support of multiple projects.
- • Demonstrated ability to work as team member or project technical lead assuming technical leadership responsibilities for less experienced team members in the absence of an Engineer IV.
- • Expertise in multiple technical environments that span a broad range of applications.
- • Reviews technical design specs of less-experienced team members.
- • Checks for compliance with all standards, policies, and procedures.
- • Creates release notes and deployment plans.
- • Verifies functionality of components and services to ensure deployments meets client expectations.
- • Evaluates vendor solutions to ensure compliance with requirements and cost-effectiveness.
- • Participates in design of disaster recovery plans and back up procedures.
- • Provides recommendations for solutions and design.
- • Performs research on best practice for emerging tools and cloud technologies.
- • Ability to establish requirements and automation for routine maintenance.
- • Ability to integrate solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework.
- • Minimum of six years’ experience required in any combination of the following:
- o Experience in Telecommunications or Computer Sciences/IT field.
- o Experience working in applications, systems, or IT operations.
- o Working knowledge and experience of two or more virtualization platforms, in-depth knowledge of all components in a virtualization stack, ability to customize these components for tailored use.
- o Experience designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications using Continuous Delivery/Integration methodologies and emerging technologies.
- o Experience with Automation Tools.
- o Demonstrates knowledge of a broad range of hardware and software products.
- o Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- • High School diploma or equivalent required.
- • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, engineering or related field required.
- • In addition to minimum experience required, degree may be substituted with relevant work experience on a year-for-year basis.
- • Certifications: Industry specific certifications such as Dell DCAN DCPPE, and DEA series; VMWare VCP, VCAP, VCAP series; are highly valued and may contribute toward education.