Ferguson is looking to add a Cloud Systems Engineer to the Cloud Power / Global Service Delivery Team. The ideal candidate will have expertise in systems management, security and application logging and security incident response. Will be responsible for on premise and Cloud logging infrastructure and security logging and response. The Cloud Systems Engineer work with Security, infrastructure and application teams to ensure that the logging infrastructure meets company requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configure and implement a logging infrastructure for the ingestion, monitoring and operation an Azure Analytics infrastructure for Information security and application logs including logs related to Azure, Oracle Cloud, on premise systems, and any other Cloud / SaaS environments that may be implemented in the future. Logging will consist of usage, server and container-based audit logging, database access logs, and application security logging.
- Perform incident response as part of the Cloud team responsibilities when escalated from Security SEIM and or incident response team. Create logging alerts to support General Audit control requirements. Work with security team for SEIM logging requirements. Incorporate lessons learned from incident investigations into monitoring and alerting capabilities.
- Work closely with teammates to effectively test, tune, and deploy security technologies that are scalable and enhance detection and response.
- Develop effective and efficient internal security procedures and documentation (i.e. runbooks), used for day-to-day security operations by the Operations team. Provide training as necessary for team members and the Operations team.
- Work with Directory Services team for Microsoft AD and Azure AD to ensure a secure environment is implemented and the proper logging and security controls are implemented to meet SOX requirements.
- Research and understand emerging information security threats, vulnerabilities, and their countermeasures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience. MS degree in a related field or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Experience configuring and monitoring software and log collection facilities. Experience developing, configuring, and securing cloud services. Expertise in on premise traditional infrastructure is a minimum requirement.
- Software development experience using scripting languages in order to automate systems operations.
- Experience running container-based infrastructure beneficial.
- Basic understanding of Developer Best Practices using source code version control encouraged (e.g. GitHub etc).