The Cloud Engineering team is responsible for a variety of infrastructure production and nonproduction systems internationally as part of the Technology organization as well as the engineering of next generation services. Platforms managed by the team include cloud services, virtualization, Windows servers, Linux servers, storage, backups, authentication services, and databases. Our team strives to provide actionable solutions engineering to meet the demands of Catalina’s global business. The incumbent for this position will report to the Director of Cloud Engineering.
- Ability to interact with, create, view, delete objects in cloud platforms through portals, command lines, and APIs.
- Have an understanding and appreciation of costs and impacts of cloud usage, utilization, and efficiencies.
- Take ownership and build a partnership with finance partner(s) to ensure best practices around continued cloud spending and costs.
- Engage and manage external vendors/outsourcing partners to enhance team capabilities and execution abilities
- Leverage and assist the Global Security and Protection (GSAP) team in order to maintain, enhance, and audit the organizations security profile, and minimize threat surfaces.
- Engage in Catalina’s technology roadmap development.
- Engineer and manage the installation, configuration, and tuning of cloud infrastructure components.
- Provide analysis of the hybrid cloud environment and perform the necessary actions to avoid deficiencies and service interruptions.
- Respond to major incidents and other conference calls in support of IT business processes.
- Develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent platform systems provisioning, uptime, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage and provide current platform usage statistics and provide future projected growth estimates.
- Lead efforts towards cloud systems consolidation and cleanup.
- Assist in developing and maintaining platform life cycle management technology.
- Foster, maintain and enhance the existing Role Based Access Controls (RBAC) using principle of least privilege.
- Advise business units on platform and resource utilization.
- Technical expertise in managing private and public cloud resources – VMware and Microsoft Azure
- Automation experience leveraging tools such as Salt, Puppet, Ansible, or SCCM
- Professional scripting experience with languages such as Python, BASH, and or PowerShell
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or equivalent experience
- Strong technical, leadership, communication, and financial skills
- Experience working with and troubleshooting network configurations utilizing multiple subnets and VLANs
- Vendor certifications from Microsoft, VMware, Red Hat, and Cisco
- Technical expertise in Windows systems management – Server 2008, 2012, and 2016
- Technical expertise in Linux systems management – Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, and Ubuntu
- Ability to lift, carry, and manipulate physical systems components of up to 50 pounds.
- Some travel within state approximately once per season.