A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
To be a national leader in high quality research and development, articulating the vision and providing insights in medium and long term technology roadmaps and research themes, solving challenging and complex problems across the spectrum of National Security Space customers and programs.
Duties for the position of Cloud Systems Admin in the Computer Systems Research Department include:
- Provide day-to-day maintenance of VMware virtual infrastructures;
- Support and manage cloud service requests and executes standard changes with minimal supervision;
- Work individually or in a team on various cloud system projects;
- Perform incident resolution and root cause problem determination to ensure availability and stability of virtual platforms according to established service level agreements by working individually or in a multidisciplinary team
- Configure and fine tune cloud infrastructure systems in a hybrid IT infrastructure environment
- Support cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions
- Monitor automated systems recovery solutions
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related discipline.
- Experience with various virtualization technologies and multi-tenant, private and hybrid cloud environments, Azure, VMware technologies
- Experience with server OS and storage technologiesrequired; knowledge of replication, distribution, availability, recovery, development, and Linux experience a plus
- Experience with public cloud service providers such as AWS, VMware vCloud, Microsoft O365, Rackspace, and IBM Cloud
- Experience in scripting (BASH, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, Python, ) and building required automation (using standard technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef) and tools
- Ability to lead and contribute to the development, maintenance, and usage of deployment and task automation (OS, database services, virtual networks, or other platform services)
- Ability to work directly with architects and developers to debug problems and solutions
- Ability to implement cloud infrastructure designs provided by architects
- Three years of related lab management experience.
- Strong written and oral communications and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience configuring high performance computing in environments such as servers, GPUs, and/or FPGAs
- A fundamental understanding and experience with cloud computing and performance evaluation
- TS/SCI Clearance
Requisition ID: 15881