The Systems Engineering team is responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to all our SaaS customers. Individuals within this role are responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. They also maintain the ongoing reliability, performance, and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents, problems, and planning for growth. Individuals in this job family are also responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the data center. Delivery of the infrastructure solution which includes a variety of skills including, hands-on build-out and configuration of the infrastructure. A high degree of collaboration with Development and other teams is required to provide the right level of agility within a defined delivery process. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong technical skills, will be forward thinking, and will be able to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
The role of a Sr. Systems Engineer is to supplement the Operations team, supporting development and production environments. Responsibilities include ensuring the operations of the Booker SaaS product remain highly available, expanding the infrastructure to facilitate rapid growth, and ongoing troubleshooting and optimization. This position requires flexibility and passion for the success our product. Someone who can offer creative, cutting-edge solutions to problems is key.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 10 years of IT experience with 7-8 years in a Systems Engineer role.
- Hands on experience of the operation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Windows server platforms.
- Moderate knowledge of Active Directory, to include Group Policy (GPO), Federation Services (ADFS), and multi-site topologies.
- Good understanding of network concepts, including Firewalls and Loadbalancers (Cisco ASA and F5 preferred)
- Linux administration (Centos)
- Expert supporting, configuring, optimizing and troubleshooting .NET applications running on IIS
- Experience working in Microsoft Azure on PaaS services (Web Apps, Azure SQL, Service Bus, etc)
- Powershell scripting
- Experience deploying applications using VSTS and creating, managing and updating CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with software development workflow and associated environment support
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- PCI environment experience
- Version Control: GitHub
- Configuration Management: Puppet, GitLab
- DNS Configuration
- Change Management Procedures
NICE TO HAVES:
- Monitoring: New Relic, Dynatrace, Catchpoint, SentryOne, DPA, Splunk
- Cloudflare or experience with CDNs
- High level of organization
- Expert troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence
- Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals
- Able to work extended hours under considerable pressure, including holidays and weekends, as necessary.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Managed Hosting Provider, Colo and Cloud infrastructure
- Assist the Development Team with integrations into configuration management and deployments.
- Assist the Infrastructure Engineering team with integrating various hardware platforms.
- Incident response and responding to customer requests.
- Ensure that all IT systems are properly monitored and maintained by following best practices recommendations.
- Collaborate on projects to improve IT services by creating documentation, providing recommendations, and upgrading or expanding systems.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- All other duties as assigned.