Successful employees will collaborate with other team members, meet deadlines and test new ideas, tools, and tactics. We are looking for motivators and go-getters who will improve our processes, our products and ourselves. As one of our Cloud Support Engineers, you are our front line; when our customers think of how great Platform.sh is, they think of you.
In a given day you might:
- Troubleshoot issues pertaining to the underlying infrastructure running customer applications.
- Diagnose, debug and document issues in both applications and systems.
- Deploy and configure cloud infrastructure resources.
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and report bugs.
- Become a product expert and work toward improving our customer facing documentation.
- Participate in limited on-call shifts, providing timely responses to high priority tickets and incidents.
- Work under limited supervision with considerable latitude for personal initiative.
- Respond to customer inquiries through our ticketing solution, ZenDesk.
- Participate in training teammates.
- 3+ years combined of:
- Linux system administration.
- Web development using PHP, Python, Ruby or Go. (However, this is not primarily a programming job.)
- Experience using git
- Managing DNS
- Functional knowledge of TLS and encryption.
- Demonstrating exceptional communication skills to provide clear and empathetic customer support.
- Knowledge of nginx, Galera, GlusterFS, and Puppet.
- Experience with Magento, Symfony, TYPO3 and/or Drupal.
- Understanding of CDNs or Varnish and web caching strategies.
- Familiarity with IaaS solutions, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Compute Engine.
- Conversant in containerization technologies and techniques.