At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Cloud Solutions Sales Specialist to join us in Southern California. In this role, you will guide the adoption of our modern cloud and virtualization technologies, including Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Red Hat CloudForms, Red Hat Ansible Automation, and Red Hat OpenShift within our key enterprise accounts. You'll enable Red Hat's major enterprise customers to define, develop, and deploy their new cloud strategies. As a Cloud Solutions Sales Specialist, you will call on our largest and most strategic accounts in Southern California and AZ region, guiding cloud adoption for these accounts.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work with key account sales teams to build account strategies and guide the overall cloud strategy within a defined set of enterprise accounts
- Guide business development within select key accounts both independently and in collaboration with the account teams
- Guide customers from the adoption of virtualization to a private, hybrid, and public cloud using Red Hat’s technologies and service
- Build key relationships with C-level executives and key business leaders to promote Red Hat's portfolio of open cloud solutions through proofs of concepts and pilots
- Become a trusted adviser to senior information technology (IT) and business executives within key accounts to create a long-term partnership with customers and ensure that these strategic relationships result in public customer references
- Work with sales teams to ensure that Red Hat's cloud solutions are used in production environments and become the first choice for our key customers
- Background in selling complex customer solutions in a rapidly evolving technology domain
- 8+ years of solutions sales experience with 4+ of those years specifically focused on enterprise virtualization, automation, and cloud
- Experience selling to Fortune 500 accounts
- Record of working closely with customers to deliver solutions that exceed their technical and business expectations
- Broad technical experience with enterprise virtualization technologies like Red Hat Virtualization, VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Citrix XenServer
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including extensive experience presenting to C-level executives at large firms
- Solution-selling mindset in an environment with multiple offerings and services
- Proven ability to work seamlessly with global cross-functional teams to achieve success on behalf of customers
- Excellent balance of strategic and tactical skills
- Master's degree or equivalent is a plus.