We are looking for experienced, passionate people to join our existing global product management team at a time of growth in global design and managed services. Our portfolio is evolving in the cloud space including – Hybrid Cloud solutions, HCI and Edge Computing. We are looking for people who are all about the cloud, most likely with a strong Data Center Infrastructure background but also more recent experience in transition and transformation to the cloud. You will lead the development of hybrid cloud solutions maximizing tools, offerings and programs available via Microsoft and aligned to value add consulting, field deployment, maintenance, and managed services.
This role is focused on developing programmatic solution offers across a range of large global customers from telco’s, SI’s and technology vendors to the retail, finance, manufacturing, and hospitality sectors. Our customers need trusted advisors that can advise them how to take a business need and translate this to a technology solution (and services) that leverages cloud with a particular focus on Microsoft Azure. You will work in close partnership with Service Architects and Sales.
- To be close to our customers this role will be located in USA and is virtual (preferably close to the East Coast for business meetings but location can vary).
- Travel is approximately 10% of the role but also may vary (depends on policy and safety regarding the ongoing pandemic).
- Deep understanding of Cloud technologies with an emphasis on Microsoft Azure, adjacent software tools, and Microsoft programs and its benefits when compared to other Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) as well as a demonstrated understanding of modern approaches to Cloud infrastructure, HCI, software development, and legacy systems modernization
- Deep understanding of Cloud technologies across multiple Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) as well as a demonstrated understanding of modern approaches to Cloud infrastructure, software development, and legacy systems modernization
- Strong experience with Microsoft Azure, including training, certifications (Azure Fundamentals, Azure Solutions Architect etc.) and relationships with Microsoft and partners in the Azure world
- Experience in explaining how technology services can solve business problems, developing value-add services offers, and enabling these offers via development of labs, training plans, and determination of tools requirements
- Experience in developing solutions that align services offers for complex migration to the cloud - including methodologies for migration to the cloud and can explain this process
- Expert level understanding of Cloud marketplace messaging
- Experience working closely with sales teams to evangelise about cloud
- Can demonstrate taking the lead on multiple new solutions offers simultaneously to drive repeatability and innovation, while working in a matrixed organization
- Experience of working closely with large technology vendors to plan the hardware and software required for new solution
- Define and develop product strategy and roadmap. Translate market needs into product capabilities and directions. Present to key team members including executive team.
- Drive product profitability and investment in new markets and use cases / workloads.
- Evaluate customer and market trends through customer interviews, workload analysis, partnerships, technology innovations, and competitive analysis as part of product planning
- Write detailed actionable product requirement documents (PRDs) and user stories.
- Manage the product lifecycle from product definition to product release.
- Strong team player with international/global experience who is willing to share ideas
- Minimum 10 years experience working in high technology, services focused offer or product management position
- Understanding of contracts to detail will be delivered in a technical project
- Comfortable developing and delivering presentations and whiteboarding with customers at a senior level
- Willing to actively coach others to enable more team capacity and capability
- A ‘can do’ attitude putting the customer first
- Willing to speak up and challenge the norm bringing forward ideas on how we can improve offers and overall solutions to drive aggressive growth
- Inspire our customers about how NCR can benefit their business
- Excellent interpersonal skills to help with communication and negotiation
- Excellent written and presentation skills, including strong Powerpoint, Word and Excel capabilities
- Knowledge and design expertise of core Data Center Infrastructure such as: HP, DELL EMC, Cisco, Hitachi, Nutanix and Citrix
- An understanding of Kubernetes and containers in Azure
- General Security Infrastructure experience: traditional Firewalls, NGFW, encryption, security management across vendors such as Juniper, Fortinet, F5, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto
- Track record working with virtual teams including service architects (service design), professional services, engineers, project management, and service offer marketing and management