In this role you will work directly with ECS' most strategic customers on critical projects to help them migrate their businesses to cloud environments. Your primary responsibility will be the designing, architecting, and implementing of solutions (both cloud and hybrid) that will suit the customer's needs. We also expect that you will be a subject matter expert who can support customer meetings to analyze their enterprise and suggest means for gaining value from utilizing cloud technologies. You will also work closely with our key commercial cloud partners to strengthen strategic competencies and qualifications.
You possess a diverse background with cloud solutions in areas such as architecture design, infrastructure migration, and deployment strategies. To be successful, you know how to navigate ambiguity and have extensive experience working with cloud technologies. Automation, orchestration, and DevOps frameworks are integral to how you conceive of and deliver solutions. Required Skills:
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of hands-on experience designing and deploying large scale distributed environments within commercial cloud environments (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, IBM)
- 1 year of hands-on experience deploying containerized solutions utilizing container technologies (e.g. Docker) and orchestration frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience making recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure with regard to cloud technologies
- Effective presentation skills, and the ability to independently meet with clients. Superior communications skills in both verbal and written form are a must
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional certification, Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect, and Microsoft MCSD Azure.
- Experience deploying data processing systems with one or more technologies (Hadoop, EMR, Kafka, HBase, Redis, MongoDB, Spark, Redshift)
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.