Cloud Solutions Architect / Senior Consultant (Azure)
Sparkhound, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, is an IT services company that was established in 1998 with one goal in mind: to make a meaningful impact on client organizations by redefining how companies use technology to solve business challenges.
We make it happen by investing in smart, service-driven professionals who love what they do and pursue solutions that push conventional boundaries. At Sparkhound we value people, and we believe ours are No. 1 in the business.
Sparkies have dynamic career opportunities and work on cutting-edge projects every day. They earn highly competitive compensation packages that include health, retirement and continuing education. And they get the job done, while having a great time at work and giving back to the community! Are you ready to join our pack?
We are seeking Azure Cloud Solutions Architects/Senior Consultants with proven business acumen and deep cloud technical skills. In this role, you will be responsible for the building solutions, pre-sales support and implementation of Cloud engagements across the lifecycle.
As a Cloud Solutions Architect/Senior Consultant, you will:
· Lead the delivery of projects and solutions to completion in a team environment while demonstrating a consultative personality, leadership mindset, and collaborative communication style.
· Work with solution teams to develop offerings and perform as a solution architect for new business opportunities and proposals. You will develop architectures and provide guidance across network, storage, operating systems, virtualization, otherdatabases.
· Demonstrate your consultative capabilities by providing value added information to clients for connecting technology and business value in the solutions that you develop. You will be an Azure evangelist responsible for educating clients on the benefits of using the Azure platform and Sparkhound’s value proposition.
· Participate and lead architectural discussions with clients as you build new cloud solutions and help customers migrate applications and services to the Azure platform.
· Possess a strong background in Enterprise-level architecture design and engineering of industry standard (best-of-breed) core infrastructuretechnologies.
· Mentor and/or lead 1-2 teammates in the development of consultative and technical skills to maintain a high performance customer delivery team.
· Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Position can be based in any of below cities:
Baton Rouge, LANew Orleans, LALafayette, LAHammond, LAThe individual in this role will berequiredto work in Baton Rouge approximately 2 days per week.
What you’ll need to be successful:
· Four-yeardegree (or work experience equivalent) and 7+ years of experience with a proven advanced skill-set and enterprise experience across various Microsoft and related technologies, to include architectureexperience in Microsoft Azure. Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus.
· Ability to understand the business needs and propose a technology solution that addresses the associated requirements.
· Proven ability to communicate at multiple levels of a mid-size to enterprise-level organization.
· Ability to work equally as effective independently or in a team environment.
· Assist sales and consulting team in driving new opportunities and educating clients on applicable technology solutions.
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· The ideal candidate will demonstrate skills and applicable experience in two or more of the following technical roles:
§ Microsoft System Center Suite:
· System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
· System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
· System Center Orchestrator (SCORCH)
· System Center Service Manager (SCSM)
· System Center Operations Manger (SCOM)
· System Center Data Protection Manager (SCDPM)
§ Microsoft Intune
Unified Communications & Collaboration
§ Office 365: Exchange Online, Lync Online, OneDrive for Business
· Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
· DirSync, Azure AD Sync, or Azure Connect
§ Exchange Server - 2007, 2010, or 2013
§ Lync Server – 2010 or 2013
§ Lync Server – Enterprise Voice Services
§ Skype for Business (S4B)
§ Cisco Unified Communications
§ Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM/CCM)
§ AWS – Amazon Web Services
§ Microsoft Azure
§ AD Connect / DirSync Services
§ VMWare vCloud Air
§ Citrix CloudPlatform
§ Microsoft Hyper-V
§ VMWare ESXi
§ Citrix XenServer
§ VDI (Microsoft or Citrix)
General Infrastructure Services
§ Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS)
§ Windows Server Roles
§ Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
§ DirSync, Azure AD Sync, or Azure Connect
§ Windows Clustering
§ Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS)
§ Direct Access
§ Remote Desktop Services
§ Forefront Identity Manager 2010
§ Microsoft Identity Manager 2015
§ XenApp v6.0+
§ XenDesktop v5.0+
§ XenServer v5.0+
§ XenMobile v9.0+
§ NetScaler (VPX, MPX, SDX) v9.0+
What Else Would Help Me Stand Out?
· Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
· Microsoft Certified System Expert (MCSE)
· Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
· Cisco Certified NetworkAssociate (CCNA)
· Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Engineer
· VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
· VMWare Certified Associate (VCA)
· Citrix CCA-V, CCP-V, CCE-V (Virtualization)
· Citrix CCA-N, CCP-N (Networking)
· Citrix CCP-M (Mobility)