Are you Cloud related open source contributor, upstream OpenStack contributor or are you a key developer of existing Cloud Infrastructure related product??
Do you have public references of your contributions through Stackalytics, GitHub, Landspace or Bugzilla for your Cloud Infrastructure related project or for your OpenStack contributions?
Are you well versed in some combination of C++, Java, Python, Ruby, Go, Ansible, Puppet, Juju, Linux?
Are you proficient in infrastructure technologies such as virtualization, containers, distributed block or object storage, software defined networking?
Do you want to be a key contributor to cutting edge commercial cloud infrastructure product as well as spent your time working with OpenStack and open source Cloud Infrastructure upstream communities as well as?
If so then Lenovo wants to speak to you.
Lenovo is looking for a Cloud Solution Engineer and Developer to work on cutting edge cloud platform. He/she will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to: hardware and software setup, software development, installation and configuration; test case execution, defect reporting, triage and resolution; development of scripts to automate processes; creation and maintenance of solution Bill-Of-Materials.
In addition the successful candidate will have opportunity to engage directly with various open source and open cloud communities and will be working directly in and with the open source communities to enhance the state of the art of private and hybrid cloud technologies.
A successful technical contributor at Lenovo needs to be innovative, detail- oriented, team-oriented, self-directed and adaptable to changing business requirements. In addition totranslating requirements into designs, you will roll up your sleeves executing software development, and driving technical programs that span multiple functional areas and geographies.
• BS or MS degree in CS/EE or related field, MS degree preferred
• 4+ years of development experience
• 2+ years professional software development / programming experience in Cloud platform or OpenStack ecosystem
• Proficiency with cloud technologies and components
• Proficiency with at least two programming language:, C++, Java, Python,
• Proficiency with Linux and Unix operating systems, shell scripting, bash, deployment, system administration)
• Proficiency with configuration management tools such as Ansible (preferred), Puppet, Chef, Salt
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
• Understanding of API development and JSON object construction.
• Working knowledge of agile methodologies and concepts such as test driven development, continuous integration / continuous deployment
• Practical experience with cloud environment such as OpenStack, AWS, Azure
• Practical experience with virtualization, storage and networking technologies such as VMware ESXi, KVM, HyperV, Ceph, OpenVSwitch,
• Bi-lingual English and Mandarin is an advantage
• Ability to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required. Total travel approximately 5-10%.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.