Insight Digital Innovation is dedicated to making the impossible possible. We combine cutting-edge technology, creative thinking and the power of scale to deliver radical business transformation.
Our areas of expertise include Cloud enablement, Data & AI, DevOps, Digital strategy, Intelligent applications, IoT & smart edge and Transformation Services.
From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter.
Microsoft 2020 US Partner of the Year
Databricks 2020 National Consulting and SI Partner of the Year
HashiCorp 2020 Partner Award: Americas Investment Partner of the Year
Intel 2020 US Innovation Partner of the Year
Insight is seeking a Cloud Solutions Architect to join our Digital Innovation team.
Job Description Overview
This is a motivated and passionate Cloud Solutions Architect in a consulting practice who can provide thought leadership, architect, and delivery products within the Cloud and DevOps space. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading and delivering cloud solutions on projects.
What you’ll do for Insight:
- Design, plan and implement cloud solutions for enterprise customers in a major public cloud provider: Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Design, plan and implement container platform based solutions in a Kubernetes platform
- Lead and deliver large-scale app modernization projects through application rationalization and modernization processes
- Lead and deliver client projects that encompass systems architecture, proof-of-concept and technical deployment services
- Integrate emerging technologies into offerings to provide sales teams additional opportunities to approach customers with new ideas/engagement.
- Collaborate with Practice leadership and thought leaders on pre-sales engagements, solution designs and proposals
- Collaborate with partners such as Microsoft, Google and AWS to stay updated on new technologies
- Assist with development of new offerings within frameworks for emerging cloud technologies
- Become a partner, subject-matter expert and trusted advisor to clients, advising on best-fit technologies and best practices
Background and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- Certifications in relevant technologies, cloud providers, or demonstration of ongoing learning
- 7+ years of experience in consulting services or similar roles focused on project-based work, and/or solution development.
- 3+ years of leading teammates or being part of large teams on projects
- Breadth of knowledge across Microsoft Azure products & solutions or a comparable platform
- Has demonstrated experience with application modernization and container solutions
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company.
- 2+ years of experience in large-scale application modernization
- 5+ years of experience in architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends and deployment projects
- Experience and knowledge in container architectures and deployment
- Deep experience with large cloud public provider: Azure, AWS, GCP
- Knowledge and experience with .NET applications hosted on a cloud platform or a comparable programming language
- Experience with network architecture, topologies, hybrid connectivity, and modern approaches to networking design
- Experience in relevant tools such as: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, and other cloud native tools and techniques
Consulting and Soft Skills
- High integrity, with a proactive, positive approach to work
- Ability to present and speak to complex solutions in a client facing delivery or presales role
- Agile experience is a plus.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication