As a Cloud Solutions Architect, you will need to be technically capable and solutions focused. This is a customer facing role, owning the overall technical relationship with the customer. You possess customer facing skills that allow you to build relationships within a customer’s environment with senior personnel, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and DevOps teams. We’re looking for a team member with a great attitude, who is smart, thoughtful, collaborative, organized and who thrives at the center of excellence – an awesome communicator and a trusted communications advisor. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products and technical challenges. You will solve key technical issues for our customers while liaising with sales, operations and other members of the engineering team. You should enjoy learning about new technologies to help guide colleagues and customers through adoption. You should be highly motivated and passionate about working in the cloud and mentoring other members of the team.
The Cloud Solution Architect will be responsible for selling, architecting and delivering cloud solutions offered by Groupware Technology. This person will report directly to the Director of Cloud Solutions and work with a team of individuals focused on driving growth of our cloud practice.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Act as subject matter expert around at least one modern cloud platform such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Assist sales/presales teams on new and existing opportunities.
- Design and Architect cloud-based solutions based on best practices using IaaS and PaaS deployment models.
- Act as a technical liaison between the customer, sales teams and vendors to provide technical expertise in analyzing customer’s requirements.
- Recommend solutions and assist sales and other engineers with the development of Statements of Work (SOW), estimates for proposals, architectures and presentations.
- Mentor other cloud team members in the skills needed to conduct both pre- and post-sales engagements.
- Serve as a key member of the cloud team in helping to ensure customer success and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Own engagements and help ensure a timely delivery.
- Capture and share best practice knowledge amongst teams and the community.
- Capable of handling multiple projects in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or experience highly desired.
- Relevant experience architecting solutions across at least one modern cloud platform such as AWS, Azure, and GCP required.
- 5-10 years of practical industry knowledge (implementation and operations) required.
- 3+ years of sales experience at a reseller or manufacture required.
- Broad understanding of various public, private and hybrid cloud platforms and enterprise services.
- Certified Architect at the Professional level in at least one public cloud required.
- Comfortable recommending technologies and presenting cloud-based solutions specific to security, reliability, performance and high availability.
- Automation skills using PowerShell, Azure Resource Manager, AWS CloudFormation and/or Google Cloud Deployment Manager.
- Windows/Linux skills in administration, configuration, installation, design and maintenance are required.
- Knowledge around monitoring and analytics tools such as Splunk, DataDog, OMS, and NewRelic.
- Familiar with tools and solutions such as GitHub, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, HashiCorp, Alert Logic, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications, analytical and presentation skills.