Cloud Solution Architect
5 - 7 years experience • Data Storage
In this role, you will be driving high priority customer initiatives on Azure in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field. The Solution Architect- Cloud is a technical, customer facing role that will be accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience. You will own the Azure technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concept (POCs). The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
· Drive the deployment of the customers’ workloads into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by: Providing deployment guidance, supporting on the development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers (i.e. Networking, Identity, Security, Compliance, etc.).
Establish deep relationships with key ITDMs, who have the power to drive long-term cloud adoption within their company.
· Identify, validate and grow opportunities to accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for pre-defined scenarios, for both infrastructure and applications. Build a Proof of Concept or a prototype, only if required. Enable the customer to envision their environment and services in Azure, while leveraging the greater Microsoft and partner resources (internal teams and partners).
o Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support in one out of the following four areas of specialization:
1. Datacenter Transformation (e.g., VM Deployments, Networking, ExpressRoute, HPC)
2. Custom Applications (e.g., Websites, PaaS Deployments, Mobile Services, IOT)
3. Media Services
4. Security, Compliance and Privacy (e.g., Identity, Governance, RBAC)
· Lead deployment of projects, creation of IP, and training of sellers and partners in your area of specialization
· Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
· Coach other technical sellers to become certified in required Azure technical certifications.
· Aspire for technical excellence to embrace the new and innovate the how. Continuous improve technology skills of the Tech Sales deep on core and broad on adjacent solutions by leveraging corporate and local programs (e.g. TR, Community connects, etc.). Enable and leverage a strong tech community cross workloads, across EPG as well as together with Partner (P-Seller).
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer and for the organization (i.e. think through workarounds, evaluate risk of various deployment options, etc.)
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
• Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer facing situations
• Demonstrated ability to deploy workloads on public cloud
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
• 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
• 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
• Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
Ø Software design or development
Ø Application Design
Ø Systems Operations / Management
Ø Database architecture
Ø IP Networking
Ø IT Security
• Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages:
Ø Ruby on Rails
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background highly desired, MBA optional
• Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as SalesForce, Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Avanade, T-Systems, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, ServiceNow, Dell, TCS, Rackspace, Softlayer