The position involves the following day to day responsibilities:
- Conversion of legacy monolithic application software to a virtual environment using Amazon Web Services (AWS) or equivalent technologies.
- Design, develop, integrate and maintain new software functionality.
- Work with previously written code and modify as necessary
- Work with a team that is geographically remote
- Be an enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, and sometimes pressured environment
- Incorporate a team based success philosophy
- Communicate complex and diverse engineering topics
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years of SW development experience
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, Azure, DigitalOcean, or other cloud vendor
- Experience in architecture and design of software systems through the entire software life cycle
- Experience with unit testing using Junit
- Experience working in agile teams
SecurityClearance: Active Top Secret
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Developer (Associate level)
- Container based architecture and deployments (Docker, Ansible, etc.)
- Puppet configuration management
- Amazon Web Services Cloud Formation Template creation
- JSON and/or YAML
- Ability to operate in a LINUX or Windows development environment
- Experience integrating software module.