As a team member, you'll build a breadth of knowledge including software development, distributed systems, cloud and container orchestration, monitoring and solutions to support our next generation of satellite ground systems, You will design, develop, deploy, and support systems across multiple platform areas and disciplines.
Our Ideal Candidate
We value curiosity, learning, and adaptability. Our ideal candidate loves solving tough problems and challenges through development, automation, and a overall systems approach.
In this position you will be a key member of the team providing platform services to the company, you will directly impact Viasat and its millions of customers. Your responsibilities will range from designing large scale services that handle lifecycle management of applications (orchestration, containers, functions, etc.) to writing APIs that integrate with various cloud providers to evaluating and improving open source software used in our terrestrial networks.
- 7+ years of experience with design, building and operating distributed applications and systems
- Practical knowledge and experience with architecture and operations of Kubernetes platform.
- 5 years experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, GCE, etc)
- Familiar with Cloud Native application design patterns including deployment of container based services and cloud infrastrucutres through automated capabilities.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code approach to systems management and related tools, (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible etc.),
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems
- Demonstrated working experience of container technologies
- Experience with applying open source software in an enterprise.
- Knowledge of Git-based workflow (e.g. github workflow, code review process etc.)
- Strong understanding of systems and network architectures in telecommunications (NFV)
- Good understanding of Identity related technology. (i.e. OAuth, JWT).
- Experience with programming languages including Python and Golang
- Experience with agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM, XP). modern software development environments as well as with DevOps practices.
- Work with distributed cross functional applications teams to integrate products on a shared services platform.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Travel up to 10%
- Experience with applying K8S to use cases in the field of telecommunications
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Familiarity with Relational and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra or MongoDB
- Masters in Computer Science, EE or related field
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience: