Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
ProteusTechnologies is conducting a search for a Cloud Software Engineer to join our AnalyticTradecraft andTechnology team building mission-critical cloud analytic prototypes within a cloud computing framework. This Software Engineer will be working with a small teamdesigning and developing software prototype systems.
• Four years of general experience in software development/engineering, computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
• One year of experience developing software with high level languages, such as Java
• One year of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, etc.
• Demonstrated work or academic experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, Cloud Base/Accumulate, Big Table, etc.
• Demonstrated work or academic experience with Source Code Management (e.g. Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
• Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
TS/SCI Full Scope Poly required
A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience.