Job ID: JR0185180See More
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US
Other Locations: US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Massachusetts, Hudson;US, Texas, Austin;US, Washington, Multiple Cities;Virtual US and Canada
Job Type: Experienced Hire
Cloud Software Engineer
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Cloud and Enterprise Solutions Group (CESG) within our larger Datacenter and AI Group (DCAI) as a Cloud Software Engineer!
CESG SW is looking for an outstanding technical contributor with a deep understanding of Java internals to analyze and optimize software performance on Intel® Xeon® - based servers.
Our team engages directly with Intel's highly valued strategic cloud and enterprise customers. We work with customers to understand, analyze, and optimize their software workloads to extract the most value from Intel hardware in their data centers. The knowledge gained by these customer interactions is fed into Intel's CPU development pipeline to influence the design of CPUs that will run the data centers of the future.
Successful candidates in this role have broad interests in computer systems performance, with strong expertise in computer architecture and operating systems, keen attention to detail, excellent collaboration and communication skills (spoken and written), a customer-first attitude, experience working independently and putting forward creative solutions to challenging engineering problems. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in Java workload optimization and/or Java internals development.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and optimize Java-based workloads.
- Develop software performance benchmarking plans.
- Implement innovative proof-of-concept tools and applications to address team's and customer's needs.
- Identify software enablement gaps and build plans to mitigate.
- Work with software enabling teams to drive optimizations based on performance analysis into key software components.
- Perform competitive analysis across Intel and other hardware platforms.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience that will allow growth and expanded opportunities across Intel.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience, or
- Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 3 years of industry work experience, or
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus related experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 3 plus years of experience analyzing and optimizing Java-based software workloads.
- 3 plus years of experience and knowledge of Java Virtual Machine internals in areas such as the JIT compiler, garbage collection, memory management, bytecode, threading, and class loader.
- 3 plus years of experience with performance benchmarking tools like Linux perf and Intel VTune.
- 3 plus years of experience with Java-based open-source cloud and enterprise applications like Cassandra, Hadoop, and Kafka.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with operating system concepts.
- Experience and programming skills in Java with experience and comfort in at least one other programming language.
- Experience with Data analysis and presentation skills.
- Experience with Cloud Software stacks and environments, such as KVM, Kubernetes, and OpenStack.
- Experience with various software architectures, including microservices.
- Knowledge of software/hardware co-design.
- Understanding of CPU micro-architecture, especially Intel architecture.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Massachusetts, Hudson;US, Texas, Austin;US, Washington, Multiple Cities;Virtual US and Canada
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here
Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here
USExperienced HireJR0185180HillsboroData Center Group
Valid through: 11/6/2021