Cloud Software Engineer: Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected. The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Client and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before. To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Do you love to hack on large-scale distributed system?
Do you love pushing the limits of open source?
Do you love getting paid to do so?
You will help us improve OpenStack in a full-scale deployment. We are not building code for the sake of it, we have real world scenarios to implement. We are improving the state of the art in OpenStack. We’re moving quickly, and you’ll need to engage with other teams across client to deliver.
Ideally: you know clouds; you breathe clouds; you hack clouds. You should have proven experience with Python or Ruby, you should understand what makes IaaS tick.
• Software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, upgrade and support. Git, Gerrit, and Jenkins
• Python, Ruby, or similar programming experience.
• QA and testing experience of your code and the entire platform. We test everything• OpenStack development and operations experience
• Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible and/or Puppet)
• Software-defined storage knowledge with Ceph or other cloud based storage.
• Software-defined network technologies including OVS, OVN, NFV, etc
• Hypervisor technologies including KVM• Redhat Enterprise Linux and/or CentOS build, development, and operations
• Agile software development practices
• Work on geographically distributed teams
• Understand IT processes, including: architecture, design, implementation, and operations
• Opensource development experience
• Self-motivated, able and willing to help where help is needed
• Able to build relationships, be culturally sensitive, have goal alignment, have learning agility
• Ready to rock and build an amazing product