Role and ResponsibilitiesCloud Software Engineer Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Software engineer will assist in the design and support of advanced cloud network solutions. Responsibilities include collaboration on design and development of cyber-secure cloud infrastructures and managing off-premise computational resources.
- Excellent opportunity to learn advanced concepts from and work with senior level engineers who are pioneering novel solutions in the field of cloud computing.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of work experience in technical field such as CS, CE, SWE.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Must understand basic networking and have a desire to learn more.
- Candidate should be self-motivated and possess the ability to collaborate effectively with teams to diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- Candidate should be a self-starter with strong organization skills.
- Possess Cloud based architecture experience, writing apps for any cloud is a positive but not a requirement.
- Familiarity with RedHat Enterprise Linux, Windows system administration and operation
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols, software, hardware
- Experience with scripting and automation tools-Ansible, Packer, Terraform desired but not required
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous development tools-Git, Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker, Kubernetes
- Troubleshooting experience-- problem solver, logical/critical thinking, resourceful
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster .PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.