With locations in Bothell, WA and Rochester, NY, EagleView® transforms industries and changes lives by providing answers - derived primarily from world-class Pictometry imagery - to questions related to millions of residential and commercial properties, for professionals across commercial, public safety, and government markets, saving those individuals time and money while also reducing exposure to risk.
EagleView has a “work-hard, play-hard” culture and we’ve been continually named a Best Place to Work because of our belief that making the workplace fun is a key to success. Our kitchens are stocked 24/7, social, athletic and wellness opportunities are plentiful and the growth, education and potential of employees is a top priority. If you take your profession seriously, love to work hard and create something really great while having fun, this might be the right place for you.
We are currently looking for a Cloud Software Engineer – High Performance Computing Specialist to join our Engineering team. You will be responsible for helping with development of a cloud-based high performance computing system which will support the scalability of our internal systems and products. Also, you will work with our Engineering teams to help design and transition parallelizable processes into this distributed system, as well as help identify areas where cloud-based HPC concepts can be utilized within our environment.
Our ideal candidate is one who is passionate about their career and has proven success with what they do. As a member of an agile team, you’ll participate in all aspects of software development lifecycle. You must be able to work well in a highly collaborative setting, and have the mindset for finding creative and innovative solutions to the complex challenges facing our team. The person hired will have the opportunity to work closely with our developing technologies, image and geospatial data while developing and maintaining a scalable computing system.
- Develop and maintain a scalable cloud-based high performance computing system to assist in the scalability of our internal processes and products.
- Consult with our Engineering teams to help guide and design developing technology to utilize a HPC system
- Help with the integration of hardware and software for cloud-based HPC solutions
- Stay up-to-date with current technology trends
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Professional Experience in developing and maintaining HPC systems
- Experience developing using clouds solutions such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and development patterns associated
- Container application development and deployment experience
- Familiarity with handling large amounts of data using systems based on databases or large scale filesystems (such as Hadoop)
- Object oriented programming experience (C++, Python, Java) using good software development practices
- Fluency in Linux operating systems
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.