Job Description : This position is for an entry-level cloud software engineering/developer role within the Cloud Acceleration Office (CAO) team, working for Lockheed Martin Enterprise Business Services (EBS). The position will be part of a small, motivated team of architects, engineers, and developers who are focused on the design, development, and deployment of infrastructure, platform, and application stacks on Amazon Web Services (AWS) as part of the LM enterprise ecosystem leveraging agile and DevOps methodologies.
Additionally, the qualified candidate would be expected to consume new concepts and technologies quickly, as well as be able to educate technologists on their applicability and usage. The candidate will work closely with management to develop future plans and schedules and provide input into presentations and/or Engineering and Architecture Reviews.
Must be willing to work flexible hours and be able to travel as required.
WORK LOCATION FOR THIS POSITION CAN BE AT THE U.S. LOCKHEED MARTIN FACILITIES IN: Denver, CO; King of Prussia, PA; Littleton, CO; Orlando, FL; Sunnyvale, CA; Bethesda, MD; Ft Worth, TX
• Experience with Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Amazon) and/or MS Windows Server (2012 R2, 2016) environments and the ability to build, configure, and maintain via Command Line Interface (CLI)
• Basic understanding of cloud computing design and security principles
• Basic knowledge of cloud technologies. Amazon Web Services preferred, but other cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, OpenStack and others are relevant as well
• Basic understanding / proficiency in application containerization, APIs, web services
• Knowledge of common DevOps tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Git
• Effective communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Effective teaming skills (co-located and virtual)
• Working flexible hours and traveling as required
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
• Demonstrated experience utilizing Agile frameworks for project lifecycle and/or understanding of Agile development concepts
• Understanding of asynchronous request handling (AJAX) and formats, such as JSON or with XML
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree
• Experience building Responsive web applications
• Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator (or equivalent tools such as Gimp, Pixelmator, Sketch, etc.)
• Experience with source code control and management tools such as Git or SVN
• Experience building apps with AngularJS or Angular 2
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Lambda, etc.)
• Recognized cloud certification (AWS CSA/Developer/DevOps Engineer, CompTIA Cloud+, CCSK or others)
• AWS CLI Scripting
• Experience working on complex programs, projects, and large cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated understanding and/or on-the-job experience with configuration management systems (e.g. Puppet, Chef, or Ansible)
• Experience with test automation and continuous integration and deployment
• Wide range of knowledge across IT disciplines including software, hardware, network engineering
• Experience in refactoring, rebuild, or redesign required during cloud migration activities
• Experience with advanced System engineering/architecture/administration in a large and distributed environment
• Individual should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.