The Cloud SIEM Engineer is part of a team of highly knowledgeable security experts who are motivated to solve difficult problems presented by the increasingly complex cloud security landscape. As part of this strategic newly formed team, you are one part prophet and evangelist, one part technical closer and facilitator, and one part builder.
The Cloud SIEM Engineer must possess strong technical and persuasive skills, capable of effectively articulating technology and product positioning to a variety of audiences including C-Level Executives and highly technical personnel, with a window into the pains and challenges of the modern SOC. This individual will be an integral part of the sales team providing the highest level of technical sales support for Sumo Logic's next generation Cloud SIEM.
- Proactively evangelize the benefits and capabilities of Sumo Logic's next generation Cloud SIEM
- Work with high velocity Sumo Sales teams throughout our most complex and strategic opportunity lifecycles from qualification to technical win
- Product demonstration and technical presentations
- Assessment of customer needs and environments, identify influencers and decision makers
- Provide expertise regarding architecture design, strategy and planning
- Ownership and control of the definition and Execution of Proof of Concepts through Success Criteria and building champions
- Provide feedback for product direction and contribute to Sumo Logic's growing repository of Security Applications and Security Expert Knowledge Base
- Hands on Knowledge of Security related products, technologies, and sources such as IDS/IPS, SIEM/Log Management, Network / Endpoint Security, Threat Detection, Incident Response, MSSP/MDR, Threat Feeds, CASB, etc.
- The innate ability to uncover a customer's pain, and find a way to solve for it within the solution framework.
- Some software development and/or scripting experience (regex, python, SQL etc.), and the ability to work at the system command line interface.
- Ability to mix "art and science" with dashboards and visualizations
- Understanding of SOC environment and the current pains within
- Ability to effectively present solutions via live presentations and remote webinars - we're looking for someone who can influence and connect whether in the 1:1 conversation or talking in front of a few hundred people.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Some depth and exposure in at least one of the major public cloud providers, AWS, Azure, GCP, with a basic understanding of the architecture and security monitoring points
- Familiar with the changing modern application landscape/ecosystem, and the challenges it presents to security teams
- Familiarity with a SIEM's role in compliance/benchmarks such as CIS benchmarks, PCI, SOX, GDPR, NYC500, HIPAA, etc
- 6+ years experience selling/supporting/consulting within the information security space; particularly SIEM technologies. Looking for expertise in at least one of the following: IBM QRadar,ArcSight, Splunk, SumoLogic, LogLogic, LogRhythm, Exabeam, RSA EnVision, Symantec SIM, or similar).
- Preferable to have a CISSP, CCSP, and/or other security attestations and certifications
- Knowledge of security threats, solutions, security tools, and network technologies
- Critical thinking with strategic mindset
- Self-Directed, resourceful, and comfortable in a high paced atmosphere.
- BS in Computer Science - related field, or equivalent experience
- Up to 50% Travel