The Cloud Services Engieer will be responsible for the design, build and maintainance of a large scale production system with high efficiency and availability using the combination of software and systems engineering practices. As a member of the team you will participate with groups that are responsible for the overall strategy, architecture and design of a cloud based data and analytics platform. We are seeking a motivated individual with a drive to be on the cutting edge while helping change the culture towards a more nimble and agile methodology leveraging next generation cloud technology platforms. This role will be heavy in hands on development and management of the cloud platform, with a focus on automation.
- End to end management of services on AWS or Azure
- Design, implement and maintain large scale clusters with monitoring, logging and alerting
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity management and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Develop automation to autocorrect or completely prevent issues in our online solution
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response and after action reviews
- Work closely with the UTC digital accelerator and data science teams on agileprocesses, development techniques and emerging analytics tools and products
- Contribute to big data, advanced analytics and artificial intelligence strategies and manage related projects
Accomplishments (in the first year):
- Build automation for and deploy a cloud based data and analytics platform
- Provide strategic direction for cloud platform automation and management
- Support cloud transformation initiatives
B.S. Computer Science or Information Technology or related field.
Ideal candidate possesses over 5 years’ experience developing, implementing, and supporting analytics or cloud based applications in a global environment.
Required skills include knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Expertise in AWS or Azure platforms
- Ability to use all AWS and Azure API’s
- Knowledge across different systems, networking, coding, database, capacity management, CI/CD and opensource cloud technologies like Kubernetes.
- Excellent communication skills (textual, visual, and verbal) required for interaction with Functional Teams, DXC, and UTC internal and external customers.
- Data analytics and modeling skills
- Experience with agile development practices.
- UTC IT Security policy and standards to ensure system compliance.