As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!
The Project Management Director is primarily responsible for successful business execution of Cloud Services professional services customers’ projects portfolio. This involves careful attention to traditional project management aspects including management of scope, schedule, and effort, as well as profitability and high customer satisfaction in direct support our Professional Services engagements.
This also includes an important role to serve internally collaborating with sales, presales and delivery teams to frame healthy project proposals.
Finally, the PMO serves the business and portfolio management and reporting function for the services team.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Cloud Services Director – Project Management Office is primarily responsible for:
- The role is responsible for the assignment, development, training, and support of a disbursed team of projectmanagers and project coordinators.
- The role is responsible for all project management processes and tools. Continuously assesses PMO based on key metrics to achieve goals. Communicate and ensure best practices and project management tools & processes are applied to address unique situations.
- Drive high customer satisfaction on services projects during execution, engage customers for real and critical feedback, report CSAT metrics internally.
- Proactively lead PMO delivery and approvals for multiple concurrent Project Managers, tracking completion of action items, resolving issues, mitigating risk while monitoring financial performance of projects. Communicating appropriately as required to meet PMO objectives and goals.
- Partner with organizational leadership to secure required resource assignments to project tasks.
- Influences executive leadership within the business areas to create and maintain alignment around the PMO business objectives, measurable benefits, success criteria, scope, and constraints impacting PMO delivery.
- Provide business, portfolio, and project reporting and analysis to internal management.
- Support corporate initiatives as required.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills
- 4-year degree in business, marketing, information technology, related field or equivalent experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- Project Management certification, specifically PMP is required
- 10 years’ project management experience required
- 10 years’ team management experience
- 10 years’ experience in information technology or business operations
- Customer and service centric mind set.
- Ability to lead, influence and persuade
- Ability to influence without authority
- Analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skill
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously; varying customers, deadlines, and requirements.
- Experience with process improvement.
- Experience in conducting root cause analysis (RCA)
- Experience facilitating complex problem solving and assessments across departments
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to lead across departments to achieve a single objective
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Contract and/or service level management experience desired
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Some travel requirements