What You'll Do
Within Cisco’s Security & Trust Organization (S&TO), our engineering team researches, develops, and delivers best-in-class foundational security and trustworthy technologies – enabling customer differentiating, pervasive security with a “secure by default” posture. In this role, you will simplify and automate security for Cisco’s cloud tenants & service offerings.
Who You'll Work With
The Security & Trust Organizations’ Cloud Security Engineering team develops reusable, security focused solutions for Cisco’s established and emerging Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud offerings. We create software, technologies, CI/CD pipelines and procedures that facilitate a strong security posture for Cisco's cloud offerings Our security focused solutions include configuration and hardening modules that install, configure and secure open source operating systems and components and pre-hardened secure images for Cisco-branded offerings running in the public cloud and virtual environments.
Who You Are
As a Cloud Security Software Engineer, you will participate in an Agile Kanban process, develop, test, and debug orchestration code for the hardening of various cloud components (OS, Web Servers, DB servers, Jump hosts, etc.). You will also participate in supporting our mission with partner teams in DevSecOps to secure our (internal) customer environments and investigate new areas of opportunity for the team. This role is fast-paced, dynamic, and blends traditional software development with DevSecOps.
- Experience in a technical role, developing or launching new cloud & virtualization related security services, products or technologies.
- You possess understanding of: cloud provisioning, configuration management & deployment, using Ansible and Puppet, AWS and Azure cloud platforms, and related services, Apache, NGINX, etc.
- You have experience in Developing/Updating one or more of: puppet manifests, Ansible Roles or Serverspec scripts.
- You are experienced in Object Oriented technology & languages such as C++, Ruby, Java.
- You demonstrate knowledge of CI/CD tools such as GitHub/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- You have an applied knowledge of Agile, DevOps and CI/CD processes, and relevant experience in multiple phases of the Product Life Cycle, from concept and execution through EoL.
- You have a BS CS/EE plus 4-7+ years of experience or an MS CS/EE plus 3-4 years’ experience.
- United States citizenship is required. No dual citizenship.
- Experience with commonly used open source software components such as Containers, web servers, databases, message brokers, etc.
- Possess excellent problem solving and troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Linux application & administration knowledge.
- Networking and firewall basics, Shell Programming, PKI - X.509 certificates, encryption, OpenSSL, CiscoSSL, IT Security, secure storage methods for virtual applications, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- You are passionate, highly motivated and eager to affect meaningful impact, and to develop new skills. With a zeal for innovation & learning you are comfortable diving into business & technical subjects outside of your comfort zone.
- A consummate team-player, you possess outstanding listening, collaboration & communication skills.
- CCSP, CISSP, CCIE or cybersecurity related certifications is a plus.