At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next- generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
We are seeking an experienced Enterprise Account Executive to join our Advanced Technology group, to focus on the Proofpoint Cloud Application Security Broker (CASB) product.
The role will demand interaction with large scale enterprises at senior levels, as well as selling to multiple C-level decision makers. Responsibilities include the ability to establish strong business relationships at the executive level, conducting sales presentations, setting technical sales strategy with sales engineers, coordinating multiple resources within an account and successfully closing business for Proofpoint.
The successful candidate will possess a strong business acumen, ability to build a strong business pipeline, accurately forecast and close business and have strong interpersonal and presentational skills. Candidates for this role should be located in California
- Actively engage with prospective new customers via phone, web conference and in-person as a subject matter expert for our SaaS Protection / Cloud Security platform.
- Plan, coordinate, and deliver in-person and web-based solution overviews and product demos.
- Work closely with the Proofpoint Named and Major Accounts organizations to identify and qualify strategic sales prospects.
- Alongside the Account Manager, help drive the sales process including opportunity identification, introductory meetings, product demonstration, customer Q&A, as well as negotiation and closing
- Team up with our rapidly expanding channel partner network to drive both net-new and incremental revenue
- Interact with the management team in 1-1, team meetings and via forecasting and reporting to provide critical updates, and strategic account planning
- You can achieve your quota, but quite frankly we would love you to blow it out of the water!
- May require up to 50% travel within assigned territory
What you bring to the team
- 7+ years of experience successfully selling complex Cybersecurity solutions to Enterprise and Fortune 1000 customers
- Experience selling SaaS Protection / Cloud Security and other cutting-edge security solutions is a must!
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively articulate Proofpoint’s value
- Must be organized, detail and process oriented
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and use good judgment in resolving difficult issues
- Ability to coordinate Proofpoint resources to execute a complex sales strategy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web conferencing tools
- Ability to use CRM and other on-line tools effectively
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!