the EOSDIS is a core capability in NASA's Earth Science Data Systems Program. EOSDIS provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASA's Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs. For the EOS satellite missions, EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing. The development and maintenance of the EOSDIS website is led by the NASA EOSDIS Evolution & Development (EED) project.
This position is looking for a Cloud Security Integration Engineer. All applicants should be well versed in cloud security concepts, AWS operations, Infrastructure Automation (i.e. Cloud Formation and Terraform), virtualization technologies, NIST 800 security requirements, python scripting language and software development practices such as Agile.
- As a member of the team you will participate in the design, development, and automation of the next generation cloud-based platform for the NASA EED program.
- Ensure compliance to various program/project and NASA standards and requirements as well as the legal requirements of (SEC-508).
- Ensure that industry best practices for automation and scalability of assets are leveraged when necessary.
- Assist in the development and security automation of SaaS and Continuous Diagnostic and Monitoring tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of application hosting, with 2-5 years of experience using Cloud Services in an Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), including networking and serverless services such as Lambda and Step Functions
- 3-5 years of programming / scripting experience in C++, BASH, Python, Java and Java script particularly within an Agile development environment.
- Must possess the ability to assess architecture and current system limitations.
- Experience in designing and implementing, and supporting infrastructures and operations using DevOps automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform. Focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and provide real-time recovery in failure situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
- Energetic, self-motivated, team player that is comfortable using collaboration and open communications.
- Experience with the UNIX OS.
- Experience with full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server application