You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford is seeking an experienced Cloud Security & Governance Engineer
to be part of our Cloud Engineer, Transformation & Operations team
The Hartford's journey to Cloud is a period of immense change - it is a critical part of this role to foster a customer first mindset and focus on work that meets the most needs of Data and Analytics users across The Hartford. This is a technical position that requires 5+ years of industry experience and a deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, and Availability etc. You should be passionate for designing and managing outcomes ranging from simple solutions to resolving complex problems.
This role will influence and champion technical decisions to enable The Hartford's technology transformation and ensure optimal utilization of cloud services. This is a technical position that requires 5+ years of industry experience. An understanding for how businesses conduct operations in the cloud is necessary. This role will play a critical part in defining Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for what success looks like with cloud adoption.Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Cloud Enablement teammates to define standards and practices to measure successful utilization of cloud resources.
- Accountable for the engineering and implementation of automating our compliance and security controls while empowering development teams.
- Accountable for monitoring, auditing and reporting on service usage, escalating issues and opportunities for leadership review.
- Tracking the financial performance of cloud initiatives. Accountable for how teams can define their own security roles and policies without compromising our overall security posture.
- Define KPIs, measure progress, promote levers and drive improvements.
- Accountable for the decisions proposed and a thought leader in implementation. Ensure financial transparency to business units and drive cost optimization efforts for cloud utilization.
- Be the single point of contact for AWS support and account team.
- Strive for greatness and challenge the status-quo. A flexible, can-do attitude with a willingness and aptitude for learning.
- 5+ years of software development/support experience and best practices.
- 3+ years of operating and supporting production workloads in AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Exposure to AWS cross-account monitoring and code promotion best practices.
- Experience implementing AWS Well Architected Frameworks
- Cloud migration experience with AWS services or other third party tools
- Experience scripting Infrastructure as Code (preferably with AWS Cloudformation or Terraform)
- Experience with AWS Security Best practices, using AWS native compliance and security services (AWS Security Hub, AWS Trusted Advisor, AWS Config)
- Experience with cost optimization (AWS Budgets, Billing, Cost Management or other third party tools)
- Experience in compliance automation and measuring deviation
- Experience with AWS IAM policies and automation tooling
- Familiarity with working in a hybrid cloud environment, focused on services related to Data Ingestion, Analytics, AI technologies (preferable on AWS)
- Good understanding of monitoring, alerting and cloud resource life cycle management.
- Focus on action, shipping mindset and iterative deployment practices.
- Working with agile development teams, methodologies and toolsets.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Sr Data Engineer - GE07BE