Cloud Security Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Cloud Security EngineerOverview
Mastercard is seeking candidates to join our Security Engineering team in St Louis.
Mastercard is developing the next generation of applications and services to enable consumers and businesses to securely, efficiently, and intelligently conduct payment transactions.
Whether through traditional retail, mobile, or e-commerce, Mastercard innovation is leading the digital convergence of traditional and emerging payments technologies across a wide variety of new devices and services.
• Can you demonstrate a high level of expertise in information security and secure development disciplines?
• Can you provide detailed guidance on the securely implement systems in public cloud environments?
• Can you advise development teams on how to securely design applications and services following industry best practices and enhance existing approaches to security engineering?
• Have you performed security analysis of mobile applications, web applications and web services and understand the threats, attacks and risks to payment applications?
• Can you analyse an application architecture to reduce the security risk to an acceptable level, while still providing beneficial functionality for the end user?
• Provide technical design and architecture advice to internal teams on how to securely develop and build applications and supporting systems
• Define secure mechanisms for critical business functions in cloud environments
• Work closely with developers and evaluate business requests and proposed designs to determine feasibility; work with software development teams to define alternatives and recommend optimal solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements in the design of new/enhanced systems
• Leverage security experience and knowledge within the mobile and digital commerce arena to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal MasterCard stakeholders, including business owners, end-users, customers, project managers, engineers, and senior management
• Define security requirements and guidelines to ensure repeatable processes are followed by worldwide teams
• Assist in the strategy, standards, and architecture for the security aspects of the SDLC including application, mobile, web service, DevOps, cloud, and CI/CD efforts
All About You
• Strong understanding of information security, risk and data privacy within the domain of digital commerce including relevant practical experience
• Demonstrate a broad awareness of security engineering concepts and practices across all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Experience providing security architecture advice for web based network environments and secure communication, including mobile applications, web applications and web services
• Knowledge and technical security experience in cryptography, including several of the following: encryption, hashing, key management, digital certificates, TLS
• Knowledge of virtualization platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, VMware vCloud Director, VMware vSphere and Google AppEngine, OpenStack or Azure
• Experience of continuous delivery/continuous integration processes and procedures including critical security considerations in automated workflows
• Technical experience with Java or similar enterprise programming language, especially related to secure coding best practices
• Experienced in mobile security architecture concepts, design and implementation for Android and IOS
• Demonstrated experience designing secure multi-domain Internet-facing applications
• Demonstrate technical competency in security engineering based on hands-on experience or relevant qualifications
• Working knowledge and technical security experience with UNIX, Linux, Solaris, or AIX
• Demonstrate the ability to articulate and communicate effectively to diverse audiences and properly translates security and risk management terminology into business terms, and recommends alternative solutions to these stakeholders.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills