Doing what's right for investors everywhere means safeguarding the business. By providing subject matter expertise in third party vendor products in AWS, you will lead the customization and integration of these products into the Vanguard environment. As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will use your analytical problem solving skills to resolve complex issues and provide user support. At Vanguard, a first-class client experience starts with a secure business. Make it count.
Duties and Responsibilities: you will provide senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based systems.
In this role you will
- Create mutually agreeable implementation plans that ensure user requirements are met with system feasibility.
- Customize third party products to integrate with the Vanguard environment while frequently collaborating with Systems Integrations teams.
- Resolve complex issues that arise while monitoring product and modification performance.
- Evaluate vendor products in regards to business needs, product maturity, and integration complexity.
- Provide expertise and best practices throughout the development life cycle.
- Mentor, guide, and motivate junior team members.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years of experience in application design, architecture and development.
- Experience with lamda functions
- Understanding of software engineering processes and system development life cycles.
- Development experience with Java and Python
- Experience in implementing Rest API with Java for integration to 3rd party applications
- Experience with AWS, Bit Bucket, Cloud Formation Templates, and Bamboo deployments
- Strong problem solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and capability to lead teams.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry a plus.
- Experience with Insider Threat Security products a plus.
- Security certifications, CISSP, CCSP, GSEC, a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5 years developer or systems analyst experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more development tools and programming languages in the SOE/SDE list
- Demonstrate a track record of strong database and data access analysis, design and implementation skills/capabilities.
- The ideal candidate has experience with cloud-based security technology
- Experience or training in AWS cloud security or administration. AWS certification a plus.
- Candidates possessing security certifications (CISSP, CCSP, GSEC) a strong plus.
- Weekday coverage: Regularly scheduled 5-day week, Mon. – Fri., normal business hours.
- On-call and remote support off hours: See additional information for the specific requirements for this posting.
- Travel: For Charlotte, NC-based staff, limited travel to Valley Forge, PA is required for new employee orientation, project kickoff meetings, other meetings, and training.