The Cloud Security Engineer will be responsible for implementing, configuring and administering the technical security tools, controls and solutions in AWS public cloud or co-locational data centers, as part of Guidewire's layered defense-in-depth infrastructure security. The role will report to the Director of Security Operations and is part of the Guidewire's global Information Security group. The selected candidate needs to demonstrate subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Deploy, configure and manage infrastructure security products, tools and solutions to help augment security threat monitoring, detection, prevention and compliance as part of Guidewire's cloud security architecture
- Work with Cloud Operations, IT and product teams to perform security reviews and approvals for the planned deployments, initiatives and/or changes in the Guidewire's public cloud environment as part of the SDLC and Change Management processes
- Responsible for the vulnerability management program that includes periodic scanning, reporting, and tracking remediation of the security vulnerabilities
- Define the configuration best practices and hardening standards for the deployed AWS accounts and their various types of assets and services
- Develop and enforce cloud security standards in AWS including IAM policies, security groups, S3 bucket policies, encryption, network security, cloud workload and container security, logging, monitoring etc.
- Respond to and perform initial investigation and triaging of alerts from security tools and products like SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, Email Security etc.
- Willingness to be on call and serve as the point of contact for information security alerts and incidents
- 3+ years of previous experience working in security operations, administration, threat and vulnerability management – Public Cloud experience required
- Minimum 2 years of experience deploying, testing and configuring multiple security technologies including IDS/IPS, SIEM, Next Gen Firewalls, Email Security, WAFs, Endpoint Detection and Response tools, Vulnerability Scanners, AWS Cloud Security platform tools
- Thorough knowledge of the TCP / IP protocol suite, securing and hardening Operating Systems, Networks, Databases and Web Applications Information
- Hands on experience in running vulnerability scans, analyzing and tracking vulnerabilities with asset owners for timely remediation
- 2 years of hands-on experience with a public Cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP) with excellent understanding/working knowledge of IaaS platforms and services (i.e. VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, AWS,SDK, Lambda, AWS WAF, CloudFront, ECS, Flow Logs etc.)
- Security expertise in cloud security architectures, designs, and engineering using technologies, solutions, or frameworks inclusive of OWASP, SIEMs, firewalls, IDS/IPS, SAML/SSO, IDM, data encryption & enterprise key management, PKI, IDS/IPS, anti-malware, etc
- Experience developing and maintaining hardening and configuration standards and procedures
- Security certifications like CISSP, GSEC, CEH, AWS certification etc. are highly desired Familiarity with industry common information technology control frameworks, particularly SOC1/2, Cloud Security Alliance, and ISO 27001/2.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to document and explain technical details, standards and reports clearly and concisely
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of professional development training and experience