Cloud Security Engineer AWS
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Experienced IT Cloud Security Engineer, the ideal candidate will possess 3-5 years of experiencedesigning and implementing secure substantive business solutions in public cloud providers. Working alongside highly-skilled professionals, you play a vital role in delivering solutions to make our customers more agile and productive. You will have the opportunity to lead complex architecture and design white-boarding sessions for AWS in both business and technical settings and assist with product roadmap planning, including client education, product demos, and creating project plans.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure that organizational data security needs are met. Identifies existing and introduces new best practices within assigned area.
- Consults with business leaders to develop to create data security solutions.
- Implement system security requirements defined under Information Security standards.
- Manage information securityinfrastructure e.g. malware protection, web layer protection, firewalls, patching and data leakage protection.
- Update, Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Collaborate with Information Security team in developing technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate securityrisks and vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings (RCAs), outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Monitor, maintain & administrate security measures for the protection of cloud systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Proven work experience as an information security engineer performing in an enterprise cloud: AWS/Azure multi-location organization with 2000+ employees
- Deep understanding of core AWS cloud technologies and services, with a focus on AWS IaaS and PaaS services.
- Extra credit for also having a mastery of Active Directory, Windows Server, Exchange, Skype for Business, Systems Center (SCCM, SCOM, SCSM)
- Experience in supporting and maintaining Information security systems, system hardening, patching process, and next-generation security response.
- Knowledge of various industry compliance and regulatory information security standards such HIPAA, SSAE 16, SOC1, SOC2, HITRUST and NIST is highly desired.
- Hands on experience in information security systems and controls, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management and web/URL content filtering, etc.
- Thorough understanding of latest security principles, techniques and protocols
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, work under a small or large team spanning across multiple business unit/practice areas.
- Self-managed and motivated individual with strong leadership skill.
- Mentoring junior colleagues may be required at times.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
Position type and expected hours of work:
- This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
- Out of area and overnight travel expected on occasion. No more than 15% per year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent combination of experience
- 3-5 yrs of direct experience supporting enterprise information security environments in public clouds
- Experience with AWS and CASB solutions.
- Certifications in AWS Solution Architect Associate or similar is desired
- Certifications in CISSP or similar is desired.