Aspect employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values customer obsession, unlocked communications and relentless innovation. Our ability to think big has enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the forefront with exciting technologies including cloud, mobile and artificial intelligence.
- Designs, implements and oversees security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks and applications, and manage the remediation of identified risks
- Acts as the Security representative on the Incident Response team and perform security incident response and investigations in a timely manner
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Maintain compliance with security policies, perform and document all scheduled system audits.
- Performs maintenance after hours and in change windows and available after hours for emergency security response or support
- Performs security administration of security protection tools. Investigates escalated abnormal user behavior and policy violations incidents
- Implement hardening standards such as CIS
- Create security documentation including requirements definitions, risk assessments, high level and detailed
- Direct hands on experience with security solutions, such as anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls, content filtering and file integrity monitoring in a cloud services environment
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Report common and repeat problems (trend analysis) to management and propose process and technical improvements.
- Provide resolution plans for system and network issues.
- Ability to communicate security issues to peers and management
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software, log correlation
- Bachelor's degree in cyber security, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Systems Management.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience within a SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTER environment required.
- Minimum of 3 years Information Security experience required.
- Proficient with Linux, CentOS, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Database technologies.
- Knowledge of AWS & Azure public and private cloud infrastructure is required.
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in the field of security in at least three of the following areas: Secure Cloud Deployment, Application Whitelisting, Security Engineering, Incident Handling, Vulnerability Analysis, Active Adversary Threat Management, Penetration Testing, Intrusion Detection, Firewalls and/or Encryption Technologies.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with Java, Python, Perl and/or Ruby for automation.
- One or more preferred: Strong Linux Administration experience with familiarity with Windows environments and hardening guidelines (Linux Redhat Certification preferred).
- Knowledge of CICD (continuous integration and continuous delivery) technology, including Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Git.
- Strong understanding of Security Technologies including host and network-based protection and detection technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with network, host and application security best practices.
- Knowledge of Packet Capture tools and analysis
- One or more of the following Certifications preferred: CSIS, CEH, CSTA, CSTP, GCFE, CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, GPEN.
- Operating System Certification Linux and or Windows
- AWS or Azure Certification.
- PCI, SOC II experience or certification.
- ITIL experience or certification is a plus.