We are looking for a security-focused DevOps engineer to help us push the boundaries of what can be accomplished in both the current and the next generation of Oracle cloud services. The ideal candidate will have proven experience enabling teams who are building, managing, and integrating security infrastructure and capabilities. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated success record enabling projects that involve Linux, networking, security, and development.
This role will be part of the Bare Metal Security Engineering team. Successful applicants will possess the knowledge necessary to understand solutions using off-the-shelf, open source, and programmatic integrations between components.
· Lead projects involving people of many different disciplines: system administration, networking, security, and project management.
· Research and architect solutions to solve security and compliance requirements.
· Design computing systems that are high performance, scalable, and fault tolerant.
· Demonstrate your working knowledge of security core concepts by quickly understanding the context of security-centric tasks, and challenges.
· Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Demonstrate a deep understanding of operating systems, networking, web and API deployments.
· Design and deploy self-service security solutions in the Bare Metal infrastructure by combining security assessment tools with automation.
· Be self-directed in day to day activities and able to flex between various skill sets.
Our team designs, engineers, and operates the security for our premier cloud IaaS and PaaS services. We are reimagining the traditional enterprise approach to security and creating an environment suitable for the most security conscious customers with our new large scale distributed services.
If this excites you, come help us deliver the next level of secure cloud computing. These are exciting times in our space - we are at an early stage and growing fast, working on ambitious new initiatives. A team member at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
· 6+ years of experience in DevOps and software engineering.
· Experience in automation tooling for active and automated testing.
· Extensive hands-on knowledge of system administration and Linux/UNIX operating systems core concepts.
· Knowledge of automation trends for operational security processes (e.g. Vulnerability Management, Change Management, etc.)
· Ability to both work independently with minimal direction and to collaborate effectively with local or remote teams with a strong customer focus.
· Experience working in a large cloud, internet software company, or consulting preferred.
· Comfortable developing software in most of the following programming languages and toolchains:
o Embedded C
o Bash shell
· Comfortable developing configuration-as-code and deployment of the following technologies:
o Linux: RedHat, Ubuntu, Oracle, CentOS, Fedora
o iptables and firewalls
o TCP/IP, subnet design, network troubleshooting
o Log analysis
o Packet capture & analysis
o Version control and continuous integration
o Vulnerability assessment
o Basic IP services (DNS, DHCP, TFTP, SNMP, LDAP, SSL)
· Ability to convey architecture concepts through block models
· Extensive experience with version control tools (git, bitbucket)
· Experience developing end-to-end CI / CD solutions
· Experience designing and delivering security-driven testing:
o Static and dynamic software analysis
o Developing functional and integration tests across codebases
o Automated software fuzzing
· Comfortable learning new web frameworks
· Experience with JIRA / Confluence
· Interfacing with multiple database platforms including:
o SQL Server
· Diligent attention to detail
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Experience working with the following subject matter:
· Common IaaS / PaaS solutions for enterprise
· Experience with large, distributed deployments
· Experience developing horizontally scalable software
· Linux Virtualization
· Linux containers
· Apache/Tomcat web servers
· Opscode Chef automation
· PAM authentication systems
· Authentication Authorization and Audit
o Switch port provisioning
o Routing tables
o VLAN configurations
o Standard IP services
· Physical and virtual provisioning
· Virtual networking and storage management
· API integrations with orchestration and provisioning systems
· Configuration management
· User account security
· System posture assessment and hardening
· Application security analysis
· PKI, SSL Certificate, CA management
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.