Mutual of Omaha is seeking to fill the position of Cloud Security Architect. This individual will report to Mutual of Omaha's Chief Information Security Officer as a key member of the enterprise's Information Security Program's leadership team. This individual will be tasked with leading Mutual of Omaha's security program into the cloud through the development and socialization of an enterprise cloud security strategy. Partnering with peer architects, this individual will collaborate with both members of our traditional security staff and cloud team to bring to life this strategic vision and the realization of a security model that reflects the wholistic security posture for the Mutual of Omaha enterprise.
As a member of the Information Security Program's leadership team, this individual in partnership with the CISO and peer architects will be directly responsible for establishing the Company's enterprise cloud security architecture across all cloud services (Infrastructure, Platform, and Software as a Service) and providers. Additionally, this individual will be a direct contributor in the development of the Information Security Program's overall vision and strategy.
- Design and implement cloud security architectures that support a cloud-first strategy and enables the delivery of business requirements quickly and securely.
- A firm understanding of cloud security, with a focus on both Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the Microsoft Azure platform offerings.
- Act as an ambassador and senior technical representative for Cloud Security when engaging other senior technical leaders throughout the company on design and implementation requirements associated with cloud based solutions.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure Services, Application Development and within the Information Security Program to ensure the selection of appropriate cloud technology solutions and the development of appropriate cloud standards.
- Experience with infrastructure as a code to provision infrastructure including networks, servers and services across public or private cloud and virtual platforms.
- Lead discussions, training or technical forums, serving as both formal and informal mentor on the topic of cloud security.
- Develop and mentor junior security analyst aiding in their professional development in cloud security.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
Cultural fit dictates
- Team player- One who passionately believes we win or lose together.
- Adaptable- A proven ability to adapt to new technologies and challenges.
- Innovative- An obsession for learning and improving the way we do out jobs in IT.
- Leader- Someone who is accountable, makes things happen and enjoys enriching the skills of others.
- Communicative- Versed in presenting technical material to a diverse audience.
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Architectural and strategic vision, with preferred experience within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with the assessment, development/implementation, operationalization and documentation of the comprehensive security controls set that blends well with other traditional security controls to demonstrate a wholistic and complete vision of security for the enterprise.
- Working knowledge of common industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID)
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, server virtualization technologies, and other contemporary technologies needed to ensure the security of the enterprise.
- Experience performing treat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Cloud Security and Architecture related certifications (Amazon Certifies Solutions Architect- Professional, Amazon AWS Certified DevOps Engineer- Professional, Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering field, or appropriate real-world experience preferred.
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc. preferred)
- Jave EE software development experience, and experience with authentication/authorization in Jave EE application servers (WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, etc.) preferred.
- Architecture of mobile platform (iOS, Android) solutions, integrated with cloud-based services, preferred.