Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Cloud Security Architect
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud consulting organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Our global service organization is at the heart of delivering our analytics solutions and optimizing our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services and consultants. We are helping customers determine how to maximize the opportunities enabled by cloud and how to successfully navigate towards the cloud mandates that many of our large, global customers have in place.
The Cloud Security Architect (CSA) will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google to establish secure design patterns, to architect integrations with customers’ existing security policies, and to assist in ensuring the security and compliance of the cloud environment. The CSA will ensure that solutions operating on the cloud comply with industry security requirements in both off-premises and hybrid deployment models to meet the data security needs of the customer. They will understand a shared responsibility model and how to effectively communicate that to customers.
The CSA is the lead Cloud Security subject matter expert and will work in conjunction with Teradata Cloud Architects to provide secure environments for our customer deployments. The CSA is focused on enabling secure cloud deployments including identity & access management implementation, third-party software integration, incident management capabilities, system hardening requirements, and security requirements development for our application development teams.
The CSA will have excellent customer facing skills to be able to discuss security concerns raised by client security professionals and executives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Assist Teradata professional services architects to design and implement the Teradata systems for our large, global customers
· Work closely with our consulting practice to develop/enhance and document information security policies, procedures and standards required to design cloud based solutions
· Establish and enforce Cloud Security best practices in the architectures for our large, global customers
· Be a trusted consultant to the customer's decision makers and industry analysts by establishing credibility and expertise in public cloud security offerings
· Educate customers and fellow Teradata Consultants on secure solution design and privacy / data security practices
· Ensure adherence to standard regulatory and compliance requirements by overseeing regular 3rd party securityaudits and penetration testing
· Understand client’s data security needs and applicable standard compliance requirements, and help design solutions fulfilling those requirements
· Learn and evolve continuously with the fast changing cloud marketplace
· Comfortable with travel (~30%)
· 7+ years of demonstrated information security, risk management & compliance experience
· 2+ years Cloud Security Architect experience with AWS, Azure, or other public cloud
· Industry certifications such as CISSP or CCSP preferred
· Experience in operating and deploying software defined and virtualized networks.
· Experience supporting multi-cloud identify access management solutions
· Demonstrated experience with creating automated workflows and experienced working with DevOps and Software Development teams.
· Skilled at interpreting compliance and security standards into implementable and repeatable controls
· Experience with JSON, Python, XML highly preferred.
· Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements (i.e., FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, HIPAA)
· Demonstrated capability to design secure systems on public / hybrid cloud as well as secure solutions for data in transit
· Client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills required