The Sixth District Information Security Department provides expertise to several departments, to ensure the safe and secure use of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure cloud and cloud/hybrid-based platforms. The Cloud Security Architect will support and meet the vision and roadmap for cloud adoption within our District. As a trusted expert, you will lead the Atlanta Fed in defining cloud security strategies and be part of the system-wide cloud security team. You will support strategic planning for new cloud related engagements. You will help support innovation by providing strategic technological direction for the District. You will report to the Information Security Manager.
- Lead multiple teams in the development of architectural designs and implementation patterns for cloud-hosted applications and services that are scalable and secure.
- Lead and participate in process improvement projects/workgroups supporting the department, Atlanta District, and Federal Reserve System. Identify and recommend improvements to organizational plans, procedures, and other aspects of the program. Research and maintain knowledge of latest technologies and provide guidance to management for strategic planning purposes.
- Represent the District on Enterprise-level projects and workgroups dealing with cloud security architecture. Provide expertise in analyzing, troubleshooting, remediating, and resolving issues. Advise business leaders on the technical impact of exception requests.
- Organize and work with collaborators to analyze and translate business and technical requirements into architectural designs that can be leveraged for implementation efforts.
- Mentor security engineers and specialists in planning efforts, develop work breakdown structures, and help estimate project budgets. Provide consultation, and training to staff on cloud security architecture, risk mitigation tactics, frameworks, patterns, software coding, and Internet/intranet technologies.
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 2 or more years
- AWS or Azure experience
- Demonstrate firm understanding of the offerings within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure.
- Network Engineering
- Cloud Security Architecture
- Information Security
- Software Testing & Evaluation
- Penetration Testing