- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Engineering (CE) management to determine proper staffing levels to support annualized sales goals, establish job requisitions, assemble candidate pool and lead the interview team to fill open positions.
- Assess CE team’s go-to-market readiness, identify gaps in CE preparedness and build plans to ensure the CE team is properly trained and equipped to successfully perform in support of annualized sales goals.
- Work with Google Cloud Sales team leadership to identify, qualify and prioritize coverage for sales opportunities and participate in periodic opportunity review meetings to provide insight on ways to grow our business.
- Work with the Sales Account team, Customer Support, Product Management, Customer Solutions and Engineering to resolve product challenges affecting pre and post-sales customer satisfaction.
- Travel up to 50% of the time to visit customers across a defined geographic territory.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience as a technical field engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a similar customer facing role.
- MBA and/or Master's degree in Computer Science.
- 7 years of experience as a customer-facing field engineer or 3 years of experience as a field engineer manager.
- Experience with HPC computing paradigms and related technologies (e.g. SLURM, Broad GATK) in relation to Life Sciences data processing pipelines.
- Experience in data and information management and big data trends.
- Experience with Linux and the software lifecycle and an understanding of application development platforms, enterprise networking, identity management systems, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud and related industry and technical concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to tailor messages to diverse audiences, translating technical expertise through common simple language