- Act as a technical resource and mentor for sales teams, customer and service provider cloud planning and implementation teams.
- Close new deals and drive results in large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex cloud-based solutions.
- Conduct workshops with resellers and their end customers to understand the existing workload and technical environment and design an IaaS solution to meet their needs.
- Leverage different tools to help resellers discover the existing environment and workload, architect and design the IaaS solution, quote, conduct proof of concept, orchestrate, deploy and migrate workloads.
- Use innovative and creative approach to problem solving in each sales opportunity with the ability to organize and host training, webinars and present cloud architectures and solutions to senior management teams.
- Translate the strengths of IaaS technology into creative business solutions and clearly, succinctly communicate it to a broad mix of audiences
- Take a leadership position through the Ingram technical sales process and guides prospect and customer teams to solutions that will scale for their business requirements.
- Take a leadership role in advising internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- 5-8years of sales engineering building technical solutions for customers preferably with IaaS technology
- 5+ years of technical expertise with cloud-based platforms, apps, customization and dev. tools.
- Minimum of 3 years IaaS technical experience in a field engineering role
- Experienced designing and deploying technical environment on Amazon, Microsoft Azure, IBM BlueMix, and vCloud Air.
- Ability to implement the most advanced product features of IaaS and cloud platforms.
- Thorough knowledge of cloud and IaaS system and application design.
- In depth knowledge of the cloud and IaaS market including the strengths and weaknesses of competitors globally.
- Demonstrated project management and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
- Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- A BS technical degree or equivalent, advanced technical degree highly desirable.
Job ID: 17982