Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 30 markets across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
We are also proud to be a Microsoft Gold Partner, 2018 Microsoft Power BI Global Partner of the Year, Premier AWS Partner, Platinum Salesforce Partner, Google Premier Partner, 5x Tableau Partner of the Year, 2018 Snowflake Partner of the Year, and 2018 Dell Boomi Partner of the Year.
Cloud – Practice Area Lead
Slalom is seeking a Cloud Practice Area Lead to join our Philadelphia office. This role is for an experienced and motivated technical leader who possesses a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. Successful Practice Area Leads help our clients take on their biggest problems with creative, business-focused technology solutions.
- Accountability for the practice, including driving sales, recruiting, account management, consulting, and all operational aspects, including:
- Practice Building – Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership.
- Business Development – Lead business development activities, leveraging professional contacts for the benefit of the Company.
- Team & Individual Development – Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
- Engagement Management – Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Identify opportunities and sell services to both new and existing clients
- Manage executive and Senior executive-level client stakeholder relationships
- Work with teams to capture best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to build solution offering
- Participate in industry forums, events, and speaking engagements; manage production of project deliverables, budget, and presentations to client personnel and leadership
- Mentor, develop, and proactively support practice capabilities per market demand
- Support recruiting and on boarding of new employees and development of leaders
- BA or BS Degree
- 10+ years of experience focused in engagement–based consulting experience or equivalent industry experience
- Strong technical knowledge of and experience with cloud-based solutions, including systems integrations, and preferably with AWS, Google Cloud (GCP), Azure, Dell Boomi, MuleSoft, Apigee, and/or Tibco
- Experience defining & enabling data management standards and processes in a cloud data & analytics platform (i.e. DevOps, metadata management, security, governance)
- P&L experience from a comparably sized consulting firm
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities; i.e. growing new account/clients from the ground up
- Deep experience with managing people, including mentoring and leadership skills
- Background in full stack software engineering and agile delivery
- Expert business operations experience (e.g., invoicing, SOW, margins, utilization)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills