This is a L3 SME role for DBaaS Cloud Platform - Site Reliability Engineering. This role would be primarily responsible for managing MongoDB/PostgreSQL/Oracle and MSaaS databases in Citigroup’s private cloud and external cloud such as Amazon AWS Google cloud etc. Anticipate and proactively work with the DBAs and application managers as well as delivery areas on identifying areas for automation and continuous improvement. Lead by example in establishing and emphasizing communication collaboration and partnership between product managers application teams and database teams.
- Be part of a team that owns the E2E service ownership in Citigroup Cloud database platform. For internal and external cloud hosting
- Expert Administration of Mongo/PostgreSQL/Oracle/MSSQL Databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an On Prem and AWS/GCP environment.
- Designing Building and Automating the Cloud Architecture
- Setup and maintenance of replication backup and recovery for MongoDB & PostgreSQL
- Support the standing standards policies and procedures of the customer team
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff
- Scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours
- 4 + years of hands-on experience managing MongoDB and other cloud databases in a production environment
- Experience in deploying and managing MongoDB/Oracle/MSSQL databases in Linux environment.
- Experience with design and implementation of MongoDB replica sets and sharded clusters.
- Good knowledge on the MongoDB internals i.e storage engine concurrency journaling etc.
- Experience in setting up and Managing Ops manager: implementation monitoring automation.
- Experience with backup and recovery of databases in Oracle/MongoDB/MSSQL
- Experience with troubleshooting performance issues.
- Upgrades and maintenance of production and development environments.
- Provide support for software upgrade and patching for MongoDB databases
- Experience with MongoDB Atlas Compass.
- Experience with other SQL and NoSQL database technologies (PostgreSQL DynamoDB GoogleCloudSQL etc.) is preferred.
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams
- Resolving critical issues with proper analysis and share the Root cause analysis with permanent fix.
- Provide assistance to the application team in identifying database problems.
- Experience with managed cloud based database infrastructure as service.
- Sound knowledge (Access Control Incident Management Capacity Management Release Management Change Management and Service Management).
- Support Database on AWS or Google Cloud (IaaS / PaaS)
- Understanding of Cloud architecture and terminology for various providers such as AWS Azure and GCP. Preferably certified in AWS or Azure cloud.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.