Deliver on Red Hat's value proposition to build mind share and adoption of our cloud and virtualization technologies within our public sector accounts. The Red Hat Public Sector Sales team is looking for a Cloud Platform Sales Specialist to join us remotely in McLean, VA. In this role, you will enable Red Hat's major enterprise customers to define, develop, and deploy their next-generation cloud strategies. Our cloud platforms include Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Red Hat CloudForms, and Red Hat OpenShift. As a Cloud Platform Sales Specialist, you'll need to have experience in federal government accounts and background in selling virtualization and cloud solutions. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work with enterprise sales account teams to build account strategies and promote the overall cloud strategy within a defined set of accounts
- Guide customers from adopting virtualization to a private, hybrid, and public cloud using Red Hat's solutions
- Build strategic relationships with C-level executives and key business leaders to promote Red Hat's portfolio of open cloud solutions through proofs of concepts and pilots
- Become a trusted adviser to senior IT and business executives within key accounts to create a long-term partnership with customers and ensure these strategic relationships result in customers becoming a public reference
- Work with enterprise sales account teams to ensure that Red Hat's cloud offerings are used in production environments and become the first choice for our most strategic customers
- Background selling complex customer solutions in a rapidly evolving technology environment
- 8+ years of solutions sales experience with 4+ years specifically focused on enterprise virtualization
- Record of working closely with customers to deliver solutions that exceed their technical and business expectations
- Broad technical experience with enterprise virtualization technologies like Red Hat Virtualization, VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Citrix XenServer
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including extensive experience presenting to C-level executives at large firms
- Solutions sales mentality in an environment with multiple offerings and solutions
- Ability to work seamlessly with global, cross-functional teams to achieve success on behalf of our customers.