Job Overview and Responsibilities
The ALDO Group’s IT department is currently looking for a AWS Cloud & Platform Operations Lead. This person will have a good technical understanding of overall AWS functionality supported by strong AWS IaaS knowledge including DevOps and IaC.
Will provide guidance and leadership on technical issues, operational practices and skills development in to challenge and growth less experienced team members.
Demonstrating a clear understanding of AWS capabilities, you will stay up to date on best practices and platform improvements to see how they can translate to business opportunities.
- Provide and support the AWS Cloud platform within the team and through collaboration with 3rd party vendors
- Deliver the technical components of the business case for projects
- Develop operational models and support levels for solutions delivered
- Enable and operationalize rapid and agile development methodologies
- Facilitate design and solution architecture discussions among internal stakeholders and 3rd party vendors
- Participate in the solutioning process with cross-functional teams required to envision, define, design and monitor the implementation of complex solutions
- Collaborate with the IT and Digital Application teams to prioritize improvements to the platform
- Proactively test and troubleshoot the platform to ensure operational processes are running smoothly
- Provide training and share best practices to nurture less experienced team members
- Automate repetitive tasks and undesired events to minimize business impacts
- 3-5 years of experience as a Cloud & Platform Operations Lead or equivalent role
- Solid Experience with AWS cloud platforms (certifications are a plus) as well as other Cloud service provider such as Azure and GCP
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with GIT, BIT Bucket, AWS Code Build and AWS Pipeline, Kubernetes
- Experience with automation/provisioning tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins or others
- Experience with Monitoring, Logging and Alerting
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Driven, detail-oriented individual with great communication skills