Since our founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley has consistently delivered first-class business in a first-class way. Underpinning all that we do are five core values. Do the right thing, put clients first, lead with exceptional ideas, commit to diversity and inclusion, and give back. Since our founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley has consistently delivered first-class business in a first-class way. Underpinning all that we do are five core values.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for Morgan Stanley supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of Morgan Stanley's software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications. ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of employees. Application and end user functions are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database functions. Position Description - Cloud Platform Engineer
The Public Cloud Transformation Services (PCTS) team is responsible for enabling the public cloud to become a preferred platform across Morgan Stanley IT. This is a global, multi-discipline team responsible for architecting and delivering secure, robust, and innovative solutions which would enable the development teams to build and deploy new applications as well as migrate selected existing applications in to the public cloud.
The team works with multiple public cloud providers. We are presently looking for experienced Cloud Engineer familiar with various cloud concepts, services, and tools, preferably from multiple public cloud providers. The candidate will be involved in multiple aspects of the teams work, including evaluation of new cloud products and services and integrating them into standard Morgan Stanley cloud solutions.Qualifications: Skill Required
- Experience with architecting, designing, developing and deploying applications' into the public cloud, in particular Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Strong knowledge of various public cloud services.
- Strong knowledge of container technologies, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience designing and architecting Cloud Landing Zones
- Experience with infrastructure as code and configuration tools, such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, and Helm.
- Ability to collaborate across multi-discipline teams on architecture, features, and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with customers and colleagues from diverse technical teams.
- Understanding of cloud security products.
- System administration skills on Linux or Windows platforms.
- Experience with agile environment and using CI/CD.
- Knowledge, awareness and contributor to open source projects is a plus.