The successful candidate is required to apply expert knowledge in Advances SQL Engine, as well as deep knowledge in cloud compute, network and storage to develop details characterization of Teradata SQL Engine performance on different public clouds.. The candidate will continually seek innovative solutions for coverage, effectiveness and efficiency improvements. The Performance Test team is chartered with providing performance characterization and certification of the warehouse foundation, including platforms, Teradata Database and Teradata Tools and Utilities. The candidate is also required to examine ever increasing customer applications of the Advanced SQL Engine and develop benchmarks to be added to the group’s performance test asset base.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide technical leadership and direction to performance assessment efforts.
- Ensure experiments/comparisons in concurrent performance projects are consistent and in-line with higher level product objectives.
- Augment performance test assets to address customer/field escapes for performance issues
- Help develop performance test plans to perform in-depth performance assessments for key platform/DBS features.
- Work with performance engineers to develop backlog items & prioritize delivery for continuous improvement of TPG performance benchmarks.
- Provide performance consultation as required for other teams including Platform Performance, Cloud Platform, Cloud enablement, OS Engineering, Customer Benchmarking.
- Interface and interact with cross-functional teams including data scientists, product management, test engineers, hardware and software engineers and engineering management.
Skills & Attributes:
- Extensive Teradata Database knowledge.
- Good understanding of Workload Management.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Resusage and DBQL performance data.
- In-Depth experience with public cloud infrastructure
- Aware of Teradata customer use-cases/workloads.
- Ability to build strong relationships with architects and senior management.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with strong ability to communicate complex technical information effectively.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of related work experience in computer science or related discipline or
- Master’s degree with 8 years of related work experience in computer science or related discipline or
- PhD with 2 years.